• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
00E3C61200000190-0-image-m-5_1462465940370.jpg

Better than Colin.

WTF happened to this thread over the past couple of hours?

On the 3-2-5 suggestion that surely is a joke, Nuno effectively tried something like this when he took the wing backs off v Forest. We had Cav, Costa, Jota and Bonatini almost all up front, and it looked to me MGW was pushed forward for periods of time also. It became too crowded up top.

When we have the ball, and Douglas/Doc push forwards it's pretty much identical to that 3-2-5 anyway.

One thing I learnt today (it's probably already on this thread but I've missed it) is that The Duck came back from Coventry on his own accord and wants to play at an higher level.

glad to see a little bit of support for Iorfa on here, saying he can't improve is wrong IMO. if you asked me last season if Coady could pass a football I would have said no, in fact if you told me if he was a championship level footballer I may have disagreed. Point is Nuno and his team have worked wonders with players that were mediocre before his arrival and I see no reason why someone who is still very young like Iorfa cant improve.

Long term we need to look for an upgrade but we may have to accept that our options for that position are Doc, Iorfa and Graham for the rest of this season so its up to Nuno and co to get the best out of them.

The swansea game would have drained anyone and we must have options for both sides to rest and rotate if needed, Vinagre getting sent off aside we have that for the left but the right is a major problem with Phil clearly crocked.

Did Iorfa go to Ipswich before or after Nuno got here?

Thought I'd read Iorfa's reasons weren't all football related? He came from that way too I think.

Thought I'd read Iorfa's reasons weren't all football related? He came from that way too I think.

The rumours have been to that effect, yeah, and that we sent him to Ipswich because it's near his family in Southend.

The rumours have been to that effect, yeah, and that we sent him to Ipswich because it's near his family in Southend.

Its nearER Southend, yes. But Ipswich is in East Anglia which isn't near anything. Except tractors and much larger nettles.

Blimey, you're right - always assumed they were reasonably close because they're both in my mental "somewhere just east of London" map, but google says it's an hour and a half drive between them!

Doc often finds himself in so much space with the ball from a Neves ping, but fails to beat his man or get in a telling cross - two things Graham excels at.

Doc often finds himself in so much space with the ball from a Neves ping, but fails to beat his man or get in a telling cross - two things Graham excels at.

As has been said previously, he excels on the left.

He may have never played rwb, but coady had never played sweeper and that worked out OK. In nuno I trust.

This is one the reasons I'd love to see Marshall have a go at RWB. His delivery is much better than Doc's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back