• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had those with Leo, and he proved me wrong. Still too early to tell with Rafa.

Give Mir a chance to settle in,the lads 20,in a strange country,maybe struggling with the language,weather,all sorts of things going on with him

Right, Real Madrid thought he had enough potential to make an offer for him and he looked excellent in his cameo off the bench vs Swansea at Molineux so can we please stop writing him off?

Right, Real Madrid thought he had enough potential to make an offer for him and he looked excellent in his cameo off the bench vs Swansea at Molineux so can we please stop writing him off?

Absolutely.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of giving him time, the 'Real Madrid wanted him' argument is a little weak, remember when they signed Faubert?

People are saying that Mir is a clone of Bonatini, well Nuno plays a certain system, he wants a certain sort of striker, he got one in Leo.
Now he needed cover for Leo so he bought a player who was similar to play in his system (that is top of the league) and got Rafa who
plays very similar to Leo. I have seen all his minutes and although no expert I say he takes up good positions and is more of an aerial
threat than Leo. He is young and one for the future as well but he has to be given a chance in the present.

Well said.

Mir has been at the club for about 2 x weeks, FFS :icon_lol:

I think only the stupid people would believe Wolves wouldnt have a little wobble. The fact we have the quality in abundance to shake this off is incredible. I'm not in the slightest worried and will be celebrating the title in May without any worries.

I think we've been on a bit of a bad run since Sunderland. Whether teams have worked us out or not I don't think we've been at or best through any of it. However we've still done pretty well:

W4
D4
L2

For 10, Against 4 (+6)

A good performance this weekend will reassure me.

2 defeats (one in a Cup) in 10 is a bad run?

What the fuck did you call the run under Lambert where we lost 6 on the bounce?

As I say points wise we haven't done too bad at all. Just the way we are playing. Compared to what came before

Fine against Ipswich. Solid job and never in trouble
Millwall - Should have won, 1 dodgy moment of defending just after Boly went off
Bristol - Looked ok before the sending off then its a tough game. 1 sub changed the game and we finsihed the stronger in the 10 v 10
Brentford - Fucking ace
Barnsley - Left shooting boots at home, in reality should have been a 2 or 3 win but we simply had an off day in front of goal
Forest - Did a job on us and we were below Par.

Not counting the Swansea games a they mean nothing in our season. Our last 5 League games we have been fine in all but 1. I will be concerned if the next 4 games follow the same as the Forest one. If the next 5 follow the previous 5 I wll crack open the Champers and have a fookin Promotion party

Add the Swansea first tie, we had two/three clear chances to beat a near full strength Swansea side, again shooting boots left at home.

As I say points wise we haven't done too bad at all. Just the way we are playing. Compared to what came before

Our last 10 league games: 6W 3D 1L = 21pts - average 2.1ppg. Promotion in any season in any league, especially in the championship.

Our last 5 league games: 2W 2D 1L = 8pts - average 1.6ppg - Only play off contention form across the season.

By the way to reach 90pts from our remaining games and assure ourselves of promotion we need 1.55ppg. Yep we are still above this. People need to get a grip.

To quote the late great Graham Taylor. (With names changed of course)

'You can worry Ben, but dont make the rest of us worry'

I get why people on here get a little defensive when it comes to pant wetting but I'm certainly not doing that. Not just yet ha! If we were to lose the next game or 2 and not play at our best (what I feel we have been doing the last 10) then maybe.

You've changed since you ran out of your Red Bull vapeshit man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back