• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Baltic Maierhofer.

Gold star for anyone who can name the two Danish keepers we've had on our books previously.

I can't believe I remember this. Jørgen Nielsen isn't it? And Budtz, obviously.

(Remember from looking through a list of all former Wolves players for that thread we did about an international Wolves XI)

I can't believe I remember this. Jørgen Nielsen isn't it? And Budtz, obviously.

Alan swoops in. Did not expect you to get that! In the nicest possible way.

I think we've had four other Danes on our books if anyone wants a go at that one.

Buur is one. Someone named Bischoff or similar...

No idea on the rest.

Alan swoops in. Did not expect you to get that! In the nicest possible way.

I think we've had four other Danes on our books if anyone wants a go at that one.

Bischoff is one.

I've got the last but I've had to cheat.

Jones liked his Scandinavians, didn't he?

Halle, Laursen, Ingimarsson, Gudjonsson, Björklund and Bischoff were all his. Signed Seyi from Norwegian football. Went on a pre-season tour to Norway.

He did however turn down Kim Källstrom for a relative pittance, which was a work of genius.

Edit: Add Iversen to that list.

We had a stunning ability for buying players made of poppadums. And then you have to remember poor Murray who came through the academy with the same affliction. God I still feel sad about that now. He could and should have been at a top four club and England keeper for a decade.

Same! Did we have him on loan from City?

Yeah, he was alright.

Forced to get him (or anyone) after DJ decided to release Butler and Okoronkwo, not replace either properly, go through various trialists (Youl Mawène, Matt Booth and Adrian Iencsi) and end up panicking and signing an effectively retired Björklund, which amazingly didn't work out. Then played Lescott when he was about 30% fit in a Saunders-esque episode of "oh well, if he gets injured then that's life".

DJ was a prick sometimes. Well, a lot of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back