• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sessegnon is playing as part of a front three, not at LB or LWB. He's a tremendous prospect though.

He'd cost far more than 10m too.

Really hope we sign Vinagre. There's a lot I'm hoping for :icon_lol: but he looks so good for his age and how he fits the system well on that left side

I reckon sessegnon will go to spurs.

I really like the rwb at Fulham though, would take him here in a heartbeat - Fredericks is it?

He might have been pushed further up recently but is a LB/LW unless im losing my marbles?

Edit - Apparently Man U were linked for 25m so that kills that, also Spurs in for him. Apparently he rejected a potential move to Spurs on the basis that he is playing regularly.

Unless we can bring in someone who can make a difference in the Premier then not sure that it's not worth spending money now (apart from cover for RWB)

We have enough to get us through this season & promoted - save our £s for the summer window

He might have been pushed further up recently but is a LB/LW unless im losing my marbles?

Edit - Apparently Man U were linked for 25m so that kills that, also Spurs in for him. Apparently he rejected a potential move to Spurs on the basis that he is playing regularly.
All of his top performances come from the wing. He's not a very good defender.

I get the feeling that most of our business will be from beyond England tbh.

All of his top performances come from the wing. He's not a very good defender.

He’s not terrible defensively he’s just a bit slight I’ve noticed - As PW said Costa tore him apart as he was just too strong and quick for him

He’s going to cost someone A LOT of money anyway

He’s not terrible defensively he’s just a bit slight I’ve noticed - As PW said Costa tore him apart as he was just too strong and quick for him

He’s going to cost someone A LOT of money anyway
Particularly as he and his brother apparently come as a pair

This may be somewhat controversial/unpopular, and it certainly flies in the face of all available stats - but I’d have one eye on an upgrade for Ruddy, ready to take over from next season.

I fully appreciate the big man has made a few cracking saves, and in the early part of this season he was a reassuring and safe pair of hands behind our new look defence - but I surely can’t be the only one to have seen some basic errors slipping in to his game. Like in the final couple of minutes today when he came to claim a cross, flapped at it and the ball could have landed anywhere.

It must be difficult having a watching brief for the majority of the game and then having to spring in to action - but with all that said, I’d like an upgrade next season.

*runs for cover*

This may be somewhat controversial/unpopular, and it certainly flies in the face of all available stats - but I’d have one eye on an upgrade for Ruddy, ready to take over from next season.

I fully appreciate the big man has made a few cracking saves, and in the early part of this season he was a reassuring and safe pair of hands behind our new look defence - but I surely can’t be the only one to have seen some basic errors slipping in to his game. Like in the final couple of minutes when he came to claim a cross, flapped at it and the ball could have landed anywhere.

It must be difficult having a watching brief for the majority of the game and then having to spring in to action - but with all that said, I’d like an upgrade next season.

*runs for cover*

I think I agree. He would be a fantastic back up in the top flight, but we can definitely upgrade him in the summer.

I think Norris and Søndergaard will be expected to pick up the mantle from Ruddy sooner rather than later.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.
Agreed, I have said before Ruddy declined at Norwich and not as good as before like Forster at soton should be better..

I don't disagree that an upgrade could be achievable, but in a first season back in the PL someone like Ruddy with his experience could be invaluable, so at the moment I'd stick.

I think that the Danish keeper is the long-term upgrade. We may buy a big upgrade in the summer though while we wait for him. Fucking hell, we may upgrade a huge number of positions in the summer anyway,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back