• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1516971423252123295650.jpg

Having the juice is much better for me...

The Duck has gone to Oldham for the season.

Brighton have let Lua-Lua go to sunderland, so would expect their interest in marshall is now done.

I get why people on here get a little defensive when it comes to pant wetting but I'm certainly not doing that. Not just yet ha! If we were to lose the next game or 2 and not play at our best (what I feel we have been doing the last 10) then maybe.

I completely get what you're saying b3h.

We set ourselves ridiculously high standards early in the season. Thus when we're not quite on it, and don't meet those standards, we don't look as good as we're capable of being. I've been particularly harsh in some critiques of Boly this season - first 2-3 times I saw him, he was so immense, that even when he's at 70-80% he's still 20-30 better than any other CB in the league, yet we know he's more in him. As a result, I've probably been more critical than some for the odd misplaced pass.

That results in us seeing a relative tail off (supported by Johnny's stats) showing we're not achieving the same heights as earlier in the season.

In stating this, I suspect what most of us want, is to see a return to the previous form. And it doesn't seem to be unreasonable to always be looking for progress and development, and other improvements. Thus it is valid to put the view forward.

Equally I don't think people who look at us in this way are pant wetting or are expecting a choke a la 2002/03. I'm sure if we tonk ipswich, we'll be a lot more assured. Would love Leo to get a goal or 2, and also costa to score from open play mind, as it would put some fears to rest.

Also all other sides have played us this season & will have learn't something. Their Managers (whatever we think of their capabilities) are not completely stupid (though there are occasionally exceptions to this even at this level) & will have tried to work out a strategy to deal with us.

Sometimes it will work, particularly if we are not playing as well as we can - don't expect it to happen enough from here on in to prevent us going up, but the second half of the season will test us more.

Signing #2 on the way apparently - Andreas Sondergard, 17 year old Swedish shot stopper for 400K

He's Danish. We need to bin off Flatt and Burgoyne in the Summer.

Flatt is out of contract anyway and is 24 in September - no chance he'll stay on.

Burgoyne will end up on the slow loan train out of Molineux.

Looks like we are bringing a Cov 20 year old midfielder called Stevenson into the U23's

Doing it on the cheap, Fosun out!

Stevenson has played a fair amount of games for his age but not played as much this season? 400k is a lot for a 17 year old keeper so we must really rate him!

When Fosun bought the club didn't Jeff Shi make a strong statement about the state of the academy being a big reason why they were interested in purchasing the club? And then something about needing to maintain our record of developing strong youth players?

I may have dreamt that...

We also apparently have some Lithuanian 6 foot 6 striker on trial in the under 23s

The Baltic Maierhofer.

Gold star for anyone who can name the two Danish keepers we've had on our books previously.

Doing it on the cheap, Fosun out!

Stevenson has played a fair amount of games for his age but not played as much this season? 400k is a lot for a 17 year old keeper so we must really rate him!
Denmark has a tradition of good goalies.. better than what we have i guess at younger level

Looks like we are bringing a Cov 20 year old midfielder called Stevenson into the U23's

We've done this with a Wilson, Collins, Reid and a host of others without success I wonder why we keep doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back