• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, we don't need another striker. Jigsaw Mason is back to fluff some one-on-ones and flit inconsequentially around the edges of games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCqdvGvdBQ4

He's as unconvincing at talking himself up as he is when he's clean through on goal.

A - He could benefit from Nuno's revolution or B - Out on loan again Joseph ?

a) He had the chance to impress Nuno in pre-season as we didn't have Leo then. His effort levels were appalling

b) Got to find someone to take him, he's always injured, rarely scores and doesn't create, so...

I agree that he'll probably have nothing Nuno wants as we know what type of striker he likes. Mason ticks none of Nuno's boxes at all..

PS - Thats why Nouha was quickly shipped out of the club, Mason isnt even on Nouha's level for me.

a) He had the chance to impress Nuno in pre-season as we didn't have Leo then. His effort levels were appalling

His performance v Peterborough was appalling. Couple of games in Austria he strolled round the pitch like he wanted to be somewhere else

I agree that he'll probably have nothing Nuno wants as we know what type of striker he likes. Mason ticks none of Nuno's boxes at all..

PS - Thats why Nouha was quickly shipped out of the club, Mason isnt even on Nouha's level for me.

What boxes does he tick?

Loves a goal against Midlands clubs. 50% of his Wolves league goals have been against Forest, Blues or Villa. Admittedly it is only three out of six.

I've got nothing else, I'd mind him less if like many limited players, he tried hard. He doesn't. Bloody rubbish.

Actually Blues can have him.

Daniel Sturridge has made 194 league appearances (74 goals) in 11 years I bet theres been loads of subs on/off in that.
Goals aint at a bad ratio to games but as someone said he's a greedy bastard.
So he appears in 46% of games, scores in 38% that's 17.4% of games he will score. so at 140k (2014) a week that 804k a goal.
dont know why I worked this out but there you go

Daniel Sturridge has made 194 league appearances (74 goals) in 11 years I bet theres been loads of subs on/off in that.
Goals aint at a bad ratio to games but as someone said he's a greedy bastard.
So he appears in 46% of games, scores in 38% that's 17.4% of games he will score. so at 140k (2014) a week that 804k a goal.
dont know why I worked this out but there you go

I think Nuno could actually improve him.
I love Nuno and hia ability actually improve players. Unlike Saunders Nuno actually can and does coach players, listening to the players its one of his great strengths for me its a possibility.

Having said all that he wants to go the the world cup so will be looking to go some where he will play.

I don't think Sturridge wants to improve. I like him as a player but he's a git who thinks he's already better than he needs to be.

He's got West Ham written all over him.

- Striker
- International
- Big name
- Signing from big club
- Will be a relatively low fee, and the idiot owners won't be able to work out why he's going cheap, while proclaiming their genius at signing him
- Always injured
- Will not fit into how they play
- Ridiculous wages

You couldn't tick many more boxes.

He's got West Ham written all over him.

- Striker
- International
- Big name
- Signing from big club
- Will be a relatively low fee, and the idiot owners won't be able to work out why he's going cheap, while proclaiming their genius at signing him
- Always injured
- Will not fit into how they play
- Ridiculous wages

You couldn't tick many more boxes.

Would be able to keep Carroll company in the physio's room - whether he fits our style or not in no way does he have the work ethic that Nuno would also insist on

If we did sign him then we'd also have to re-sign Zubar. He's the only player connected to our club who we know can play the perfect, defence splitting through ball to Sturridge. Mere mortals wouldn't have seen that pass was even on. Five steps ahead was our Ron.

Poor Ronald! :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back