• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milan have made it clear they don't want to sell him yet. And if he goes in the summer, we should be a more attractive option than Swansea.

I think people underestimate our pulling power. There is a reason why the likes of Jota, Boly Neves, Costa, Caveleiro and to a lesser extent Bonatini chose to play their trade in the championship. We are the current "money is no object" club and we are no good to Fosun hanging around the middle to lower end of the Premier League. Investment in the playing staff will be substantial and sustained, particularly if the plans are to expand the ground. Think PSG. They have got players that under normal circumstances they wouldn't be able to compete for they are not normal and neither are we.

It could go horribly wrong. Or sensationally right.

The Guardian’ rumour mill leads with us going head-to-head with Swansea for Andre Silva from Milan, with Mendes preferring Wolves but with Swansea having stolen a march on us.

I doubt they'll sell him until the summer at the earliest.

I guess the lure of immediate PL football might play a part but I'd like to think that we'd be a more favourable option than Swansea.

I'm not sure why there aren't better PL teams after him though. Mind you, I thought that about Ruben Neves too!

Then again all of these reported offers are probably bullshit - Milan 'apparantely' turn down an offer of £34m from us & now Swansea are said to be favorites with a lower offer - none of it probably true

That's a well-researched and impeccably sourced article. If even lockenkopf is saying "Wooow you look so pretty", I think we can start getting Silva's name printed on replica shirts.

That's a well-researched and impeccably sourced article. If even lockenkopf is saying "Wooow you look so pretty", I think we can start getting Silva's name printed on replica shirts.

Good idea - it's what Jota currently has so there's a backup option if by some miracle this article isn't 100% accurate.

Some West Ham blog thinks we want Jose Fonte. No thank you!

Milan would be mental to sell him before the World cup finals, he's a regular scorer for Portugal and his stock could rise with a good finals in Russia

Suggestions on Twitter that we are after Yasin Ben El-Mhanni from Newcastle, and that a host of top clubs are trying to steal Owen Otasowie from us

I was hoping we'd be having a little more movement around players coming in but it all seems a bit quiet

Suggestions on Twitter that we are after Yasin Ben El-Mhanni from Newcastle, and that a host of top clubs are trying to steal Owen Otasowie from us

Owen was linked to a couple of big clubs over the summer IIRC. I get the feeling we aren't in the business of selling youngsters.

I didn’t even realise he was that highly rated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back