• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
O jogo said that Telles link is bollocks.

I'll stick my neck out and say we won't be spending +30mil in this window

Probably is, though don't think that Fosun wouldn't spend now if the right deal for a Premier future presented itself. Don't consider that they would hold off till the summer and certainty before taking the chance to improve the squad for that level

The Telles link is clearly bollocks. It shows how far we've come that it is being given serious discussion though.

Jynx will show us all when he exclusively reveals the first Jansfer.

Do we think we'll get anyone else in now? There's been a few rumours but nothing really concrete

I'm discounting Andre Silva for now as it is unrealistic and nothing from the ITK ers

I'd be surprised if Graham and German Phil are the RWB back up options for the rest of the season. As for a centre forward I think Nuno will take a view on Mir in the next week or so, I think he'll start tomorrow. Wouldn't surprise me to see us firming up the Bonatini deal and bringing a body in on loan up front, but we won't be spending £8-£10m on a Grabban/Hugill type.

I'd be surprised if Graham and German Phil are the RWB back up options for the rest of the season. As for a centre forward I think Nuno will take a view on Mir in the next week or so, I think he'll start tomorrow. Wouldn't surprise me to see us firming up the Bonatini deal and bringing a body in on loan up front, but we won't be spending £8-£10m on a Grabban/Hugill type.

let's hope not!

Cardiff in talks with Grabban, I wonder if that means Zohore is on the move?

I think that’ll be it for us, we really need rwb cover but I think we’ll just wait it out until the summer for that and to get the loans made permanent that we can. Fully expecting us to go a bit wild in the summer though

I think that’ll be it for us, we really need rwb cover but I think we’ll just wait it out until the summer for that and to get the loans made permanent that we can. Fully expecting us to go a bit wild in the summer though

The summer will be awesome

Yeah, if something really really good value comes up - like Neves did in the summer - we might well go for it, but there's no need to max out the overdraft, FFP-wise, unless necessary. We have so many good attacking options we're already struggling to get a £13m player game time, we've got an U17 World Cup winner we need to start rotating in the midfield, we've got two of the best left-backs in the division already, etc.

There are only two question marks for me. One's right-wing-back, which, that might be something for Graham to cover while we wait for Ofosu-Ayeh, which, fine, sure. The other one is Coady. Not that I think we should replace him of course, but he does have perhaps the most irreplaceable role in the entire squad, and I wouldn't be surprised if we did bring in another centre-back (or convert another defensive midfielder) out of nowhere, just because. Not likely, but wouldn't surprise me either, although that's likely to be more of a summer punt as well I suppose.

Otherwise only way something will happen is if something completely awful happens, like Neves breaking his leg.

We’re still desperate for cover/competition at RB/RWB. I’ll be disappointed if we don’t bring in another body there considering German Phil hasn’t kicked a ball in anger this season.

The Guardian’ rumour mill leads with us going head-to-head with Swansea for Andre Silva from Milan, with Mendes preferring Wolves but with Swansea having stolen a march on us.

I doubt they'll sell him until the summer at the earliest.

I guess the lure of immediate PL football might play a part but I'd like to think that we'd be a more favourable option than Swansea.

I'm not sure why there aren't better PL teams after him though. Mind you, I thought that about Ruben Neves too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back