• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Bennett and John Ruddy were Lambert's men and the rest are quite clearly our friend Jorge and Nuno's men.

Maybe Douglas but that doesn't make up for the years of absolute dross that he's bought and the links to Hugill, Steele and Hanley during the summer. Thelwell's the epitome of the Peter principle.

So you are criticising KT for players we didn't sign now too?

Thelwell just doesn't seem to have the ability to see beyond Championship/League One level players. There is absolutely no way he would have had the likes of Jota, Bonatini, Neves or Boly on his radar, even with the ability to sign them. He is not capable nor does he have the capacity to take us forward, in addition, he was part of one of the worst recruitment drives since I've been a Wolves fan (30 years or so), and I include the mid-90's in that. Why is he still here?

.... he was part of one of the worst recruitment drives since I've been a Wolves fan (30 years or so), and I include the mid-90's in that. Why is he still here?

He is also surely part of one of the best recruitment drives since you've been a Wolves fan too?

Thelwell just doesn't seem to have the ability to see beyond Championship/League One level players. There is absolutely no way he would have had the likes of Jota, Bonatini, Neves or Boly on his radar, even with the ability to sign them. He is not capable nor does he have the capacity to take us forward, in addition, he was part of one of the worst recruitment drives since I've been a Wolves fan (30 years or so), and I include the mid-90's in that. Why is he still here?

I think this is the most baffling thing and I agree with your post completely.

No, I think you need to read my post again, unless you are deliberately misinterpreting my post?

It's there is black and white mate, you are moaning about us being linked to Hugill and Hanley and Steele, players we didn't sign, there are things to criticise KT for, but moaning about who the press link us to is simply ridiculous.

He is also surely part of one of the best recruitment drives since you've been a Wolves fan too?

So is the tea lady, groundstaff, Matt Doherty, guys in the ticket office, kitman and the bloke selling you a program. Do we give them all a pat on the back because they were employed by the club too?

So is the tea lady, groundstaff, Matt Doherty, guys in the ticket office, kitman and the bloke selling you a program. Do we give them all a pat on the back because they were employed by the club too?

Erm, are any of those head of recruitment at the club?

It's there is black and white mate, you are moaning about us being linked to Hugill and Hanley and Steele, players we didn't sign, there are things to criticise KT for, but moaning about who the press link us to is simply ridiculous.

Of all of my post you pick up on that. Lets deal with the absolute dross he has signed whilst he has been in the recruitment team; Holt, Sagbo, Saville, Helan, Bodvarsson...... In fact our illustrious Sporting Director is quoted as saying Grant Holt is a good player because he has had lots of clubs. Genius.

All of a sudden we are signing players from a different league and with a different pedigree than anything we have had before at the club and you think KT has a hand in this? That defies logic.

The fact that they were even on the radar leaves me bewildered. I would say that we have signed a few good players since he's been here, however, the level of dross that has been signed and our style of football before Nuno and since early Mick (I will not count KJ in League One as it was possibly more difficult not to outclass teams at that point) was insipidly boring.

Do I lay all the blame on him? Of course not, that being said, a man in his position evidently has a big say in what goes on and at this point he must be an irrelevance as he has nowhere near the knowledge that Nuno and his team do. I wish I could say that he offers us something when it comes to domestic player knowledge but I just don't see it.

Erm, are any of those head of recruitment at the club?

I don't think that's a road you want to go down given our recent record and it seems to have improved now he isn't doing much of/ any of the recruiting.

What i think is that Wolves fans always need something to moan about, Moxey has gone, so now it is KT, the need to moan is so high, that they (you) will even moan about players that we didn't sign.

If Wolves make a bad signing it is 100% KT's fault, if we make a good signing KT has 0% to do with it, I think that makes you look very silly.

I don't think that's a road you want to go down given our recent record and it seems to have improved now he isn't doing much of/ any of the recruiting.

In who's opinion is it that KT isn't involved in recruitment? That is one of the primary roles of his job!

I think that because the quality of the signings has improved, that you have decided that he isn't involved.

What i think is that Wolves fans always need something to moan about, Moxey has gone, so now it is KT, the need to moan is so high, that they (you) will even moan about players that we didn't sign.

If Wolves make a bad signing it is 100% KT's fault, if we make a good signing KT has 0% to do with it, I think that makes you look very silly.

How about you worry about yourself rather than telling me what I think. It'll be much better for everybody.

As for your last sentence, you want KT to get credit for our summer recruitment but don't want to give him grief for all of the crap he has bought to the club? Smacks of a double standard to me.

What? You misunderstand me, good sir. I'm trying to assess his competence, an absolutely natural thing to do in sports, no matter the sport. The reason for this is as a club you always need to look to improve, wherever possible, re-signing Leon Clarke is indicative of the kind of signing we had when KT had more clout and that in itself had me worried about his sanity not only his ability! That being after a bucket load of terrible signings.

I have said that there were a few good signings under KT, however, there weren't enough. Add to that the absolute dross that was signed on occasion and the type of player, domestically, that we've been linked to recently and I think we could have somebody with a much better vision in his role, if we need anybody there at all.

How about you worry about yourself rather than telling me what I think. It'll be much better for everybody.

As for your last sentence, you want KT to get credit for our summer recruitment but don't want to give him grief for all of the crap he has bought to the club? Smacks of a double standard to me.

I want balance mate, you are definitely incapable of that given your posts. If he gets criticism for poor signings (deserved), he should get credit for good ones too (deserved).

What? You misunderstand me, good sir. I'm trying to assess his competence, an absolutely natural thing to do in sports, no matter the sport. The reason for this is as a club you always need to look to improve, wherever possible, re-signing Leon Clarke is indicative of the kind of signing we had when KT had more clout and that in itself had me worried about his sanity not only his ability! That being after a bucket load of terrible signings.

I have said that there were a few good signings under KT, however, there weren't enough. Add to that the absolute dross that was signed on occasion and the type of player, domestically, that we've been linked to recently and I think we could have somebody with a much better vision in his role, if we need anybody there at all.

Well that was in response to Johnny not you, but yeah i largely agree with what you have said above.

My issue is people who moan for moaning's sake, and it feels that moaning about KT, who is head of recruitment, after the best summer of signings in my liftetime is totally unfair, of course the signings of Clarke, Sagbo and Holt shouldn't be forgotten, they were dreadful, but this is an entirely new era, and the players we have signed since Fosun have largely been a success, that is what I am judging KT on, not signings we made under KJ, Morgan and Moxey a few years ago.

I don't care too much about terrible short-term loan signings (not that we can make them any more), if they're crap then they get booted inside weeks. Chucking away money on crap like Clarke and Mason I do care about. The latter was a terrible signing on so many levels. No kind of great goalscoring record at any point, didn't fit the way we played, manager obviously didn't want him or know how to use him (I have some sympathy there because I still don't know what Joe Mason is supposed to be), no physical attributes to speak of and a stupid fee as well. We ended up wasting over a third of what we actually received for Afobe (less Arsenal's sell on fee) on that loser.

Has Big Kev owned up to Gladon yet... ;)

Well that was in response to Johnny not you, but yeah i largely agree with what you have said above.

My issue is people who moan for moaning's sake, and it feels that moaning about KT, who is head of recruitment, after the best summer of signings in my liftetime is totally unfair, of course the signings of Clarke, Sagbo and Holt shouldn't be forgotten, they were dreadful, but this is an entirely new era, and the players we have signed since Fosun have largely been a success, that is what I am judging KT on, not signings we made under KJ, Morgan and Moxey a few years ago.

I understand where you are coming from but it is difficult for me to believe that KT had any input in putting those players forward as potential signings, I would say it was more down do Nuno and Mendes. Obviously, I have no idea but it certainly looks as though he didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back