• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just permanent deals I think, so no. He will go out on loan in January (when we recall him) to a different team
I thought that stopped Gladon going anywhere, even on loan his only option would've been a return to Heracles.

Jurgen Locadia has suddenly popped up on SSN Transfer Whispers. I know it’s an absolute crock of shit but it’s strange how that one appeared on there.

Have to think we'll sign another forward in Jan. Locadia would be fine by me: not sure he's exactly the player we need though...

Fantastic name. Easy to make a chant up for.

Although not from anywhere credible, we have been linked with Grabban today. I'd be alright with that, gives us the cover for Leo we need with a competent Championship player. If and when we go up, when can then go for the stellar upgrade in the Summer.

Although not from anywhere credible, we have been linked with Grabban today. I'd be alright with that, gives us the cover for Leo we need with a competent Championship player. If and when we go up, when can then go for the stellar upgrade in the Summer.

Don’t think they’d sell and don’t think we’d be interested. He’s no better than Leon Clarke.

He also wouldn't fit the formation. Similar player to Dicko.

I think the word "bargepole" sprang to mind when I read this ...

He's only on loan to Sunderland with a January recall. I don't particularly rate him and if we went up would bin him straight away, but as a means to an end I think it'd be a reasonable signing. I'm nervous about bringing in a first choice forward and risking bedding in a new player to the first 11, but we do need someone in.

Anyone we sign will only get ahead of Leo on merit, they'll have to prove they're worth the spot first. Witness how Costa can't get in the team at the moment.

Don't want players like Grabban cluttering up the club, we'll be buying/loaning from a position of strength and we can do way better than that. He's the kind of signing you might make in January if you were 10th and didn't have much money, have a bit of a blind punt on him going on a little run of goals to push you towards the top six.

We'll hopefully do way better than Grabban in January. As things now stand we'll be saying, "Come and pick up a Championship winners medal and play in the Prem next season."

We'll hopefully do way better than Grabban in January. As things now stand we'll be saying, "Come and pick up a Championship winners medal and play in the Prem next season."

Jon Macken likes this.

I don't think we'll sign another striker in Jan, not direct competition for Leo anyway. I think Marshall will leave (been linked with Derby), Bright might go out on loan, we'll sign/loan another inside forward (Locadia/Silva/Carvalho/Alibec) and then we'll see more of a 'strikerless' fluid front three whenever Bonatini drops out the team.

Didnt we leave signing the likes of Grabbans when we sacked Lambert..

Links to Chris Martin all over Twitter this morning. "Surprise swoop..."

Mention in the article below about us nearly getting Stefano Okaka at the end of the last window. He’s nowhere near the Watford squad, so I can see some sense in this one.

He’s a big lad but quite good technically and his goal scoring has improved in recent years. He’d definitely offer us a different type of forward to Leo. We could do worse and I don’t think he’d cost much.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/15696881.Okaka_resigned_to_leaving_Hornets/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back