• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main problem with Cav is how inconsistent he is, at times he looks unstoppable but he does have some really poor games where he can't do the basics. If we are able to get the likes of Rafa Silva in then I'm all for it. I still think we haven't seen the best of Cav but if he doesn't start producing on a more regular basis then others will get a chance. Costa will find some form soon enough so I expect him back in.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Rumours site saying we've signed Diego Lattie for the U-18s, formerly with City and Liverpool. Let's hope he's espresso down the wing...

Rumours site saying we've signed Diego Lattie for the U-18s, formerly with City and Liverpool. Let's hope he's espresso down the wing...

Not even in FIFA!

#noambishun

Report outlines Wolverhampton Wanderers’ lofty plans
Fri 3 Nov

Subhankar Mondal
@subhankarjourno

Wolverhampton Wanderers reportedly have lofty plans of becoming Champions League contenders.

General view of Molineux before the Sky Bet Championship match between Wolverhampton and Fulham at Molineux on November 3, 2017 in Wolverhampton, England.

According to The Mirror, Wolverhampton Wanderers will provide club manager Nuno with limitless funds to turn the team into Champions League contenders.

Wolves are playing in the Championship at the moment and look set for promotion to the Premier League at the end of the season.

The Wanderers are currently at the top of the league table with 35 points from 16 matches, just two points above second-placed Sheffield United.

A general view of Molineux before the Capital One Cup First Round match between Wolverhampton Wanderers and Newport County at Molineux on August 11, 2015 in Wolverhampton, England.

It has been reported by The Mirror that Nuno will be backed by the club if he gets Wolves back into the top flight of English football.

“Sporting director Kevin Thelwell has also been informed that no transfer targets will be off the table next summer, if Wolves have regained their Premier League status,” states the report in the Mirror.

General view of Molineux Stadium before the Sky Bet Championship match between Wolverhampton Wanderers and Brighton & Hove Albion on April 14, 2017 in Wolverhampton, England.

While Wolves fans should be overjoyed with this report, they must also be cautious. After all, the Wanderers are a Championship club at the moment.

Moreover, there should be a dose of realism. After all, how many top-quality players would want to join Wolves next summer even if they are promoted?

Could the Wanderers be able to attract a David Silva, a Kevin De Bruyne, a Marco Reus or a Robert Lewandowski to the Molineux Stadium next summer with just Premier League football on offer?

SEE ALSO: Tottenham Hotspur would be mad to sign target at current asking price
This is not to suggest that Wolves cannot establish themselves in the Premier League and challenge for the Champions League places, but it is not going to happen overnight and could take a few years.

“Sporting director Kevin Thelwell has also been informed that no transfer targets will be off the table next summer, if Wolves have regained their Premier League status,” states the report in the Mirror.
Kenny & I were discussing exactly this before the villa game. Given how exciting the last close season was, imagine if we do get promotion how the next close season will pan out.

Moreover, there should be a dose of realism. After all, how many top-quality players would want to join Wolves next summer even if they are promoted?

Good point. I mean apart from Neves, Jota & Boly it's been tough persuading top quality to come and play in the Championship

I think they would have to pay a LOT more than that considering our financial situation.

Derby Telegraph headline: Wolves set to beat Arsenal to Benfica star; Leeds interested in League Two forward. Yep, that's where we are now...

Derby Telegraph headline: Wolves set to beat Arsenal to Benfica star; Leeds interested in League Two forward. Yep, that's where we are now...

:icon_lol:

Three years ago we were excited about signing Jed Wallace (well, some were)

What Benfica star are they referring to? Jonas?

On what planet do Liverpool think we are going to give them MGW for £5m? Matt Doherty maybe...

It'll be his agent shit stirring for a better deal for him, which he'll get.

Linked to Danish striker Nicolai Jørgenson from Feyenoord.

Wouldn't come cheap.

We need another striker in January, my only worry is it doesn't become our Asprilla and disrupt everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back