• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Well because i've been living off copied Xbox games for so long every single retail copy i own has passed its play-by-date so there's no loss to me if they disappear, that turned out to be 32 old 360 games so i was looking for an unwanted PS3 game to throw in and get that extra £10, turned out i had both PES and FIFA last year so then i was at 34 and needed to either leave one behind or find another two PS3 games to add to the mix, it was a top up between Little Big Planet, Medal of Honour and Assassins Creed Brotherhood. The latter two are on their way out of here, i probably wouldn't have bought either in the first place had they not been part of the deal when i bought the PS3.

£209.11

Result! Need to find some things to buy with it now though.

I wish I had sorted myself out for this.

Could have made a mint! Shame it finishes today.

I saw the advert for the new Max Payne game the other day and have to say it looked quite good. Has anyone ever played this series?

Nice work. Get an xbox!

I've already got one, it just needs me to be arsed to sort it out, i could easily put it back together as 'stock' but i've just traded in every original game i owned so i'd have nothing to play on it.

I wish I had sorted myself out for this.

Could have made a mint! Shame it finishes today.

The guy in the Walsall store just told me its been extended, he didn't say when to though.

I saw the advert for the new Max Payne game the other day and have to say it looked quite good. Has anyone ever played this series?

Yeah, they're ace. I think the new one will a totally different type of game though.

It's a shame I always trade my games in whenever I buy a new one, I'd make an absolute mint!

If anyone can pick of Gears of War 3 in this trade thing, let me know as Horde mode is awesome and not many people on my friends list play it. Either that or they don't really like me very much.

What sort of games are they?

A third person shooter where you get 'bullet time' - a slow motion effect letting you spray bullets everywhere. A bit like a John Woo film.

If you ever played Stranglehold, like that but not as dumbed down, in your face, unsubtle and mindless. Think this kind of style, but in a sultry American film noire setting.

Thanks

Might give it a try. Comes out after my exams finish so plenty of time!

If you have a pc, grab the first two. They're old so won't cost you much and they still play pretty well.

I remember playing the first Max Payne with a mate years ago, we got stuck on some weird level where you were drugged out of your mind in a dark building following the cries of your daughter or something, was good though.

Langdale i might take you up on your Gears3 offer, played the first one a long time ago and enjoyed it so might pick it up, theres a couple guys i work with that play it pretty regularly too so i'd get some use out of it.

If anyone can pick of Gears of War 3 in this trade thing, let me know as Horde mode is awesome and not many people on my friends list play it. Either that or they don't really like me very much.
I almost got GOW3 as it was only £24.99. I have a couple of games to play at the minute though so I left it until I know I'm going to actually play it.

The guy in the Walsall store just told me its been extended, he didn't say when to though.
2nd May apparently. Another week.

£209.11

Result! Need to find some things to buy with it now though.

£209 is quite low for 36 games!! They must have been REALLY old ones as minus the £120 for the sheer amount (12 x 3) it means you only averaged £2.48 per game!!

I remember that level. It's a bit odd.

As for Gears - excellent - if you see me online, shout and I'll happily slaughter some locust scum alongside you.

£209 is quite low for 36 games!! They must have been REALLY old ones as minus the £120 for the sheer amount (12 x 3) it means you only averaged £2.48 per game!!

Oh they were old, all of them, i hadn't bought a 'proper' Xbox game for well over a year, i had some football games in there as far back as '06 and i'd guess majority of the games were released closer to that date than today. It's freed up some space on my shelves for new games, films and CD's whilst providing some funds to buy replacements, decent days work along with renewing my phone contract and booking a physio appointment.

I like the co-op stuff in GOW. In fact I've never played it single player. I went through the first one with my mate on the hardest difficulty, then halfway through the 2nd.

Back