• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I haven't played it in months and didn't even finish the single player game.

Looking forward to Blops 2. Treyarch seem to understand the genre better than Infinity Ward. No wonder everyone left.

I finished it (I always do before jumping onto multiplayer) but it was very 'meh'. At the end of the day, Black Ops was fun, MW3 is really, really frustrating.

I haven't played it in months and didn't even finish the single player game.

Looking forward to Blops 2. Treyarch seem to understand the genre better than Infinity Ward. No wonder everyone left.

I always thought Treyarch were better than IW. Infinity Ward had this great reputation but actually I thought they had a pretty terrible attitude towards the online aspect in particular. They never seemed to give a shit about the state of the servers and never dealt with the ridiculous amount of cheats. They basically just said, "here's the game, we've got our money, we don't really give a toss what happens now".

I always thought Treyarch were better than IW. Infinity Ward had this great reputation but actually I thought they had a pretty terrible attitude towards the online aspect in particular. They never seemed to give a shit about the state of the servers and never dealt with the ridiculous amount of cheats. They basically just said, "here's the game, we've got our money, we don't really give a toss what happens now".

There's a hell of a lot of truth in that - and also, the amount of new content was paltry in MW2, and although there's Elite, it's still far from being 'good value'.

Black Ops was fun.

Did you try the campaign on veteran? Oh my god. There was a part on it which spawned you in enemy fire so you died virtually instantly. Hours of frustration to get past that! :p But yeah I loved the online, sneakin' around with my PSG or Commando :D

Did you try the campaign on veteran? Oh my god. There was a part on it which spawned you in enemy fire so you died virtually instantly. Hours of frustration to get past that! :p But yeah I loved the online, sneakin' around with my PSG or Commando :D

One thing I will say Treyarch gets wrong is the veteran level on the campaign mode - it's not just hard, it's bloody tearing-your-hair-out-in-abject-frustration-style purgatory. Infinite grenades flying over your head really aren't fun!!

Are they accepting anything for this trade-in thing at Game then?

There are a whole bunch of old Xbox games i haven't played in ages, and i wont be playing them anytime soon as my Xbox is still in pieces since before Christmas, i just need to sum up the effort to take a big bag of games into town and sort it all out.

Are they accepting anything for this trade-in thing at Game then?

There are a whole bunch of old Xbox games i haven't played in ages, and i wont be playing them anytime soon as my Xbox is still in pieces since before Christmas, i just need to sum up the effort to take a big bag of games into town and sort it all out.

Yep - as long as there's a case, instructions and the game works.

Look at some of the old games Bear listed! Tomorrow's the last day I think so be quick.

Yep - as long as there's a case, instructions and the game works.

Look at some of the old games Bear listed! Tomorrow's the last day I think so be quick.

Ahhh, i remember sorting them all out a while ago so i should just be able to pull them off my shelves in blocks and throw them into a bag without sorting through everything.

I expect most of them will be pretty worthless as i haven't been and bought an Xbox game for at least 18 months, those £10 bonus' will boost things nicely though, could get a decent earner on top of the birthday money if i can be bothered to make the effort.

Normally, a old version of FIFA or PES will get you £1. If you take 3 of them, you get an extra tenner. No brainer.

Normally, a old version of FIFA or PES will get you £1. If you take 3 of them, you get an extra tenner. No brainer.

Indeed, i should have enough old football games to get at least £20 of extra money, possibly even £30, thats a new PS3 game right there.

I think i might have something like 30 games, maybe even more, that i was willing to ditch so theres £100 before i even find out what the individual games are worth, even if they're only £3 each thats nearly £200. I wont have to 'pay' for a new PS3 game for a long while, as long as the store credit doesn't expire?

They gave me my credit on a gift card that doesn't expire for 2 years. I just have to hope Game/Gamestation stays open!

They gave me my credit on a gift card that doesn't expire for 2 years. I just have to hope Game/Gamestation stays open!

I'm sure i can find a few PS3 games to pick up that will eat up most of that money, usually wait until things are reduced or on promotions as it pains me to pay full price for games after my time of picking up ridiculously cheap Xbox games. If only it was HMV rather than Game, i'd soon plough through all the money with DVD's and CD's thrown into the mix.

Old Xbox 360 games - Yes
Old Xbox (original first console) - No

Someone already tried that and got turned away.

As for spending the credit, well Gamestation have a shelf of BluRays in store if that's your thing.

Last edited:
Old Xbox 360 games - Yes
Old Xbox (original first console) - No

Someone already tried that and got turned away.

As for spending the credit, well Gamestation have a shelf of BluRays in store if that's your thing.

I didn't have an original Xbox so they're all 360 games, there are probably a couple of PS3 games i'd be willing to part with too if i need a few more to get an extra £10 bonus.

I think Bear's PES trade in is about to be topped, i'm about to head into town with copies of PES6 and FIFA World Cup '06 amongst the 36 games i've decided i'm willing to part with, i expect individual values to be low but i'm hoping for a decent total.

36?! :icon_lol:

You'll be able to come back with a brand new Xbox 360 for that!

Back