• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

There are a few games coming out soon that I wouldn't mind getting - I never got FIFA 12 so I'll definitely want to get FIFA 13 (trying to get Wolves promoted from the Championship - one good thing about relegation!).

There'll also be Black Ops 2, Colonial Marines (if it's any good), that new Transformers game to add to the list.

I never got FIFA 12 so I'll definitely want to get FIFA 13 (trying to get Wolves promoted from the Championship - one good thing about relegation!).
That's what me and my friends plan on doing, 4 of us playing co-op as Wolves to gain promotion sounds like a tonne of fun!

Colonial Marines (if it's any good),

I'm hoping that this game will be a blast, that and Borderlands are on my wishlist for Autumn time.

After playing the Sniper Elite v2 demo, I think I shall be picking it up, especially as it's only £29 at amazon! Trade in/sell MW3 on eBay, making it even cheaper.

Here's the deal at amazon if anyone wants it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sniper-Elite-V2-Xbox-360/dp/B006MGCQUS

It's the same price on both consoles btw.

Thanks man, I will be doing the same!

Thought i'd download this Sniper demo and give it a go, sneaking around picking people off from distance fits in with my usual way of playing Skyrim, but i'm just not finding it very rewarding, i pick off the first guy no problem but then i seem to get spotted as soon as i go for anyone else, regardless of who i go for or where i am at the time.

I got 10 new xbox games last week and started working through them this weekend... Forza's fun but pretty hard once you turn all the assistance off. Naruto fighting game is pretty good. Arkham City is going to be great. Didn't open any others yet.

Thought i'd download this Sniper demo and give it a go, sneaking around picking people off from distance fits in with my usual way of playing Skyrim, but i'm just not finding it very rewarding, i pick off the first guy no problem but then i seem to get spotted as soon as i go for anyone else, regardless of who i go for or where i am at the time.

You have to move to a new spot once they find you. Which sort of makes sense when you think about it.

You have to move to a new spot once they find you. Which sort of makes sense when you think about it.

I did.

What was annoying me was that it didn't seem to matter how well hidden my spot was, how isolated the target was or what direction other people were facing, as soon as i shot they seemed to know exactly where i was, then they'd all come running, i'd shift to a new position and they'd all just lurk around in strange area's until i shot someone else.

I just didn't much enjoyment from it, other than the 'kill cam' moments.

Bear - thanks for the heads up in the trade in offer. Just taken 6 games in and got £70 for them!! I don't think there's any you can't get for about £10 brand new these days.

So I got the Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition and still have over £50 to buy a new release when one grabs me (the next FIFA or Black Ops 2 for example).

So as well as the £10 extra, the individual trade in prices are definitely more than they used to be.

Nice one. Just hope they don't go bust again before you cash it in.

I traded in the following:

Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Mass Effect 2
FIFA 11
Sega Superstar Tennis
Halo Reach (all Xbox)
God of War Collection (PS3)

Not bad considering I got 3 of those free several years ago!!

Anyone want to do some xbox multiplayer? Feel free to add me-- t3chvest. I'm not sure how much of a pain the time difference is, but have a number of games and my friends list crashed awhile ago so I need some gamer buds. I'm up for anything non-FPS that I have... I only play FPS on computer (add me on Steam-- t3ch@ogsth.com). It wouldn't be fair to you all playing me in a shooter anyways. I don't want to hurt your confidence levels too badly.

Sure, t3ch - gt is Boothjan. I only really play FPS games online but I'll get the next FIFA in September so by all means add me in readiness!

Sure, t3ch - gt is Boothjan. I only really play FPS games online but I'll get the next FIFA in September so by all means add me in readiness!

I probably won't be getting the new FIFA. :(

Ah, who am I kidding... yeah I will.

Bloody hell - you forget just how far Xbox games have come since the 360 was released.

Just started Oblivion and it's honestly like playing it on a previous-gen console! Still practically the same idea as Skyrim, but the difference between the two is massive in terms of presentation, visuals etc. What a difference 6 years makes!

Just started Oblivion and it's honestly like playing it on a previous-gen console!

oblivion5.jpg

oblivion4.jpg

oblivion2.jpg

oblivion3.jpg

Oblivion1.jpg

It still looks quite good though!

I haven't got very far with it - just emerged from the sewers - but I think I've worked out why I was so shit at combat when I first played it. I never used any magic!!!

Back