• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Saw you on them recently Toon - so you have a play through once a year or something?

It has to be said - Bioshock is ace.

I had a really enjoyable game on horde on Gears of War 3 last night with a few chums - it was bloody great fun!! Managed to reach level 20 with just 3 of us, but couldn't beat the Beserker.

Then went on to MW3 and didn't play for long as its so bloody frustrating.

Still - Black Ops 2 is confirmed for November. Hoping that puts the series back on track.

Saw you on them recently Toon - so you have a play through once a year or something?

It has to be said - Bioshock is ace.

I had a really enjoyable game on horde on Gears of War 3 last night with a few chums - it was bloody great fun!! Managed to reach level 20 with just 3 of us, but couldn't beat the Beserker.

Then went on to MW3 and didn't play for long as its so bloody frustrating.

Still - Black Ops 2 is confirmed for November. Hoping that puts the series back on track.

I hadn't played Bioshock since 2008 according to my game saves! I can't believe that game is 5 years old! I re-played Bioshock 2 last year, but will have another go again once I finish the first one. There are still some Achievements to be had!

Bioshock is ace. Bioshock 2 is better.

Bioshock Infinite will probably be the only game I buy this year.

Excellent - Assassins Creed Revelations just arrived through the letterbox.

Anybody downloaded the Ghost Recon beta?

Had a few games on it last night, it's quite good, different from Battlefield & COD, but can see it becoming very old very soon, everybody seems to be picking the sniper, and not following team objectives, they seem to think it's just team deathmatch, instead of going to do the objective, unless they add more game modes, like team deathmatch for the people that don't know the meaning of team game, then, I can see it failing quite simply.

I'm looking forward for the Metal gear solid Collection to come to the vita later this year should be good.
Have moved off mario 64 for a bit now and gone onto banjo Kazooie Just love that game but not as much as mario 64. I think I'm neglecting my ps3 a bit because i never play it much now when I do I play wwe '12 and Gta IV. I think I really need to get skyrim but then i'd neglect my girl friend :icon_rolleyes:

Anybody downloaded the Ghost Recon beta?

Had a few games on it last night, it's quite good, different from Battlefield & COD, but can see it becoming very old very soon, everybody seems to be picking the sniper, and not following team objectives, they seem to think it's just team deathmatch, instead of going to do the objective, unless they add more game modes, like team deathmatch for the people that don't know the meaning of team game, then, I can see it failing quite simply.

That's a direct consequence of the dumbed down multiplayer that is CoD. Everybody is simply out for their own K/D ratio and makes zero attempt to play the game as part of a team. Another reason why CoD is the death of proper multiplayer gaming.

I think I really need to get skyrim but then i'd neglect my girl friend :icon_rolleyes:

If she really loves you, she'd understand.

That's a direct consequence of the dumbed down multiplayer that is CoD. Everybody is simply out for their own K/D ratio and makes zero attempt to play the game as part of a team. Another reason why CoD is the death of proper multiplayer gaming.

Very true - it's really not worth playing CoD unless you've got a whole squad of mates online. It's probably why I've enjoyed playing Horde of GoW3 this week - 100% co-op against bots. If you don't work together, you fail - simple as that. It's such a refreshing change.

I am really close to selling MW3 because of the reasons you've just mentioned - it is FAR worse than MW2 for people just out for themselves, especially if you have the support class because killstreak rewards stack up after you die. Yes, you can get them by capturing an objective, but so few people actually do this and camp up waiting for kills. It's easily the weakest CoD game I've played.

If she really loves you, she'd understand.

Very true - it's really not worth playing CoD unless you've got a whole squad of mates online. It's probably why I've enjoyed playing Horde of GoW3 this week - 100% co-op against bots. If you don't work together, you fail - simple as that. It's such a refreshing change.

I am really close to selling MW3 because of the reasons you've just mentioned - it is FAR worse than MW2 for people just out for themselves, especially if you have the support class because killstreak rewards stack up after you die. Yes, you can get them by capturing an objective, but so few people actually do this and camp up waiting for kills. It's easily the weakest CoD game I've played.

It's one of the reasons BF3 (before they ruined it with the Rent-A-Server bollocks) was MILES better than any CoD game I've played. It was so much about playing as a team, especially in Squad Deathmatch mode. You get points as a support gunner for suppressing fire and for sharing ammo. In the Assault class you get points for healing team-mates and for reviving them. In the Recon class you get points for designating targets and for spotting enemies. In the Engineer class you get points for repairing vehicles and destroying vehicles. Plus loads of points for capturing objectives, more than you get for kills, especially if you are the first one to the objective. Even if you arrive late you get Capture assist points. It means that you can have relatively low kill numbers but finish as the top player in the game because you've played it properly. Most of the times I've finished as MVP (which isn't that often I grant you), it's because I've had loads of captures, Medic revives or Engineer points for destroying vehicles with AT mines. It really is multiplayer gaming done correctly. Sadly, they've ballsed it up, and you still get knob jockeys whose only aim is to run around for themselves getting as many kills as they can.

Which is why I don't see the point of the stacked killstreaks in MW3 - what they need to do, or maybe something they could think about introducing in future instalments is more points for completing objectives as opposed to kills. Otherwise you get wankers who camp NEXT to a base or something without capturing it - you see it all the time on MW3 - by moving 6 feet, they could capture the thing, but the camp next to it to rack up kills. Gets right on my tits.

That and fucking quick scoping.

I would actually like a game designer to be brave enough to release a multiplayer game where kills and deaths are not even tracked, where the ONLY way to score points is for achieving objectives. It would send the mental midgets into apoplexy...

I've just ordered three games today. Pre-ordered Lego Batman 2 off Amazon which is out in June. Also from Shopto I got Assassin's Creed Revelations and FM2012 for £27 with a £3 off code. Bargainous.

Anyone bought Trials Evolution yet? It's fab and only 1200 points! So addictive.

Well it's only £17 on Amazon at the moment so thought I'd treat myself.

Played the first couple of missions and it's great - basically Assassins Creed II part III but I've really enjoyed them so far after the disappointment of the original AC.

Looking forward to the next one which looks like it may well be the 1st proper sequel since 2, rather than an add on. Though not too sure about the US setting.

I'll say Langdale Wolf said I have to buy it and play it all the time :happy:

Isn't there nothing but problems with the ps3 version tho?

It's locked up on me maybe 5 times since i bought it, otherwise its been perfectly fine.

Back