• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

New Tiger Woods game out tomorrow. Always enjoy those games.

In other bargainous gaming news, Gears of War 3 is available for £9.95 at TheHut. Just treated myself to a copy.

Apparently there will be news in April.

Oh, and ME3 multiplayer is quite good fun.

Apparently there will be news in April.

Oh, and ME3 multiplayer is quite good fun.

My nephew has the game, so I'm angling to get it off him soon. Once I do I'll go online and open up a can of whoop-ass with you. Or more realistically, I'll watch you open up a can of whoop-ass while I die repeatedly and have you save my ass...

It's entirely team based but you pick it up really quickly. It's a good laugh - shame none of the others have it because it'd be ace to have 4 players trying to outwit the waves of bad guys. Tactics are quite important.

Give me a shout if/when you have it.

Now about 22 hours into ME3 and it's absolutely brilliant. It seems like every mission you do counts towards something, and some of the enemies you face wouldn't disappoint if they were the main boss at the end of the game.

I've also noticed the clever way battlegrounds are mapped out, meaning flanking the enemy whilst instructing your squad mates to hold their positions really helps. It reminded me a bit of Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway in that respect.

You might be able to just blast away at the enemy and progress, but it's noticeably quicker and certainly more satisfying to use a few tactics/manoeuvres to clear them out.

Completed ME3. The ending is indeed an absolute pile of wank.

99.99% of the game is absolutely superb - let down badly by what can only have been a brainfreeze by the scriptwriter.

Any of you guys heard of an upcoming game called Sniper Elite V2? The game looks awesome but it hasn't had much publicity - In essence it's a WW2 sniper simulator, not a run and gun game so it's right up my street :)

Not sure if I can post links to other websites on here so i'll just say google the name, it should be the first one.

It's out may 4th, i'm definitely getting it!

Risen 2 is top of my 'to buy' list. I loved Gothic and this is similar stuff.

Just need to finish Skyrim, Gothic 3, Arkham Asylum..........

Started on Gears of War 3 tonight - the same as usual, bloods, guts, testosterone, mindless violence, big explosions.

It's fucking ace.

I've been back into Battlefield 3 recently. Then last week they brought out an update entitled Rent A Server. This has to be one of the worst ideas in the history of multiplayer gaming! One of the great things about BF3 was that no matter what you virtually never lost connection to the server. Now, the last 10 games I have played the connection has been lost before the end of the game. I'm never going to bother playing it again, it'sa complete joke. As well as the server continually dropping out, people who rent the server set up their own rules and it's all bollocks like 'Sniper rifles only', 'Jet maps only' and if you dare to not follow the rules that are never clearly articulated and that flash up for about 1/100th of a second you get kicked out. It has to go down as one of the biggest wastes of time and the biggest own goal I've ever seen. What a great way to ruin a brilliant multiplayer experience.

Started on Gears of War 3 tonight - the same as usual, bloods, guts, testosterone, mindless violence, big explosions.

It's $#@!ing ace.

I know this sounds impossible, but it gets even better. Are you playing it with others or single player with bots for team mates?

@Toon Wolf - I've had the same problem with Battlefield, but on top of that I lost my single player save which was on hard difficulty 3 missions from the end. So I too am not going to play that game again :facepalm:

Back