• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

That was cringeworthy.

You've clearly never watched The Big Bang Theory- that's kind of the point! It's very clever and far superior to most sit-coms around today. Granted, it's no Blackadder, but it is very good and in Sheldon Cooper has one of the best characters I've seen in a TV sit-com in ages.

I find the hammy over-acting in so many American sitcoms just too much, totally overpowering any decent scripts. I can't watch them.

Eastbound and Down is one of the best examples of good American comedy - fantastically done, a brilliant main character and not hammed up to the eyeballs. And no annoying whooping audiences either.

I find the hammy over-acting in so many American sitcoms just too much, totally overpowering any decent scripts. I can't watch them.

Eastbound and Down is one of the best examples of good American comedy - fantastically done, a brilliant main character and not hammed up to the eyeballs. And no annoying whooping audiences either.

30 Rock is my favourite at the moment.

Yet you adore the ridiculously hammy over-acting and woefully weak scripts in Dr Who. You're strange.

Yet you adore the ridiculously hammy over-acting and woefully weak scripts in Dr Who. You're strange.

Completely different types of show.

Besides - Doctor Who scripts aren't weak at all. They're extremely well pitched for a family show. Always have been.

How far are you into the game now Langdale?

What are your thoughts on it now you've played some more?

I haven't had chance to play that much since then to be honest, but it's still great - really enjoyable. I have just finished a pretty awesome mission that is extremely intense, with an awesome backdrop throughout the final battle.

I'm aware that the ending has caused controversy, but have managed to avoid spoilers luckily.

Game shops have gone bust. The two in Telford were both closed yesterday. I assume you geeks will be able to get some bargains soon?

Apparently Comet is on the way out too so there is some potential for some bargains...

Game went bust because of some ridiculous decisions. Up here they had 2 decent sized shops within 100 yards of each other in the Metrocentre, and 2 in the same shopping arcade in Newcastle City Centre. That's just mind bogglingly stupid.

Game went bust because of some ridiculous decisions. Up here they had 2 decent sized shops within 100 yards of each other in the Metrocentre, and 2 in the same shopping arcade in Newcastle City Centre. That's just mind bogglingly stupid.

In Wolves they have 2 small shops at either end of the same street and if you chuck in Gamestation, that was just around the corner. So in 3 minute stroll you would go by 3 of their shops. They seem to have taken the Starbucks route of opening a shop every 30 paces.

My guess is there will be some sort of management buy out and duplicate shops will go and they will start again with about 80 or 90 shops instead of the 200+ they currently have.

Last edited:

The TWO in Telford were both closed.

They've got multiple shops in loads of places, its from when they took over Electronics Boutique years and years ago, they didn't seem to bother shutting down any of the shops, they just changed the signage and had two Game stores almost everywhere, in Wolverhampton the one closest to Primark was Electronics Boutique.

They have been trying to offload a lot of the duplicate stores for a long time but it just isn't the right market to be able to do that.

Its probably getting on for 10 years since they bought out EB, there was no need to keep those stores in the first place so its their own fault.

Mass Effect 3 down to around £25 on Amazon/ShopTo

Back