• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I know this sounds impossible, but it gets even better. Are you playing it with others or single player with bots for team mates?

On my own at the moment. A few people I know have it so I might organise a co-op evening.

It's mindless, gratuitous fun.

I know this sounds impossible, but it gets even better. Are you playing it with others or single player with bots for team mates?

@Toon Wolf - I've had the same problem with Battlefield, but on top of that I lost my single player save which was on hard difficulty 3 missions from the end. So I too am not going to play that game again :facepalm:

That's shit. I know I lost my single player saves, but I wasn't really bothered because I have zero intention of playing the campaign again. But I just don't understand how they could have screwed up the multiplayer so badly. The Rent A Server shit is just a complete waste of time gimmick that has ruined the best multiplayer game there was.

Found a way to get back into FIFA 12. I free agented most of the Wolves big earners, demoted us to league 2, I Now have a team mostly comprised of our younger players and my VP as player manager.

Have since got knocked out of the league cup by Crawley and lost 0-1 at home to Bristol Rovers, entertainign stuff.

The demo for Sniper Elite V2 just came out and it is bloody amazing, in all senses of the word bloody :p I've never enjoyed a demo so much!

The demo for Sniper Elite V2 just came out and it is bloody amazing, in all senses of the word bloody :p I've never enjoyed a demo so much!

Downloaded it and played it through earlier. I really liked it. I played on the medium difficulty so you had to account for bullet drop but not wind speed. The hit cams are pretty cool, especially if you get a headshot!

I think we need a really bad game thread aswell running..... I ran into a game called naughty bear although it is highly fun it is really poor made the story is dreadful and the frame rate has issues and the a.i is just so shoddy it is beyond belief

Hadn't realised a demo was out until I read this yesterday, so thanks for that :D. Enjoyed my first play through immensely. However I started to wish the x-ray killcams were a little slower so you could really see what was going on. I don't like to buy games on release as they quickly become cheaper within a couple months but I really want more of this game now. Don't think I'll be able to resist :(.

Had another playthrough the Sniper Elite Demo and got a beautiful 2 for 1 kill and a 'Saving Private Ryan' kill where I shot an enemy sniper through his scope from about 200m away. Very satisying!

Glad to see i'm not the only one loving the look of this game so far! :) I love the Sniper Elite difficulty, you really have to think for the longer shots. What makes it even more fun is how the enemy snipers will hide if you miss the shot and slowly creep into sight in a different location to take their shot - great challenge!

I've got the demo but not played it yet. Goinna have a bost tonight.

I'm going to have to play this for myself.

I'm going to have to play this for myself.

It is good. It'll be interesting to see how much more they polish up the finished article and whether there'd be enough to keep me interested for a whole game. But for 20-30 minutes of good fun the demo is well worth the download.

Had a few goes on Sniper Elite and you're right - it's good fun. Shot the guy on the roof right through the ass - love the killcams!

I get the feeling it might start to grow samey for a whole game, but I did enjoy it. Haven't had too many headshots yet mind.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Yeah I enjoyed it too. Especially on the hardest setting. Will definitely need some good mission design or it'll get samey though.

Trials Evolution is out today for 1200 points.

Brilliantly addictive kickstart style time trial dirt bike game. It's the sequel to Trials HD. Loads and loads of levels and a very intuitive control system make it great fun. I urge everyone to get it and take on my leaderboard times.

Finished Gears of War 3 today - quite a decent, fun game. Utterly mindless, gory in places but a good laugh and a decent enough plot.

For 10-15 hours of mindless escapism, it's well worth it.

I've dropped 50 hours into Gta IV not the add ons the original game. I like that game but mainly it's nostalgia time trying to get all 120 starts on mario 64. The game is one of my favourite all time games

I decided to have a re-play of Bioshock and Bioshock 2 back to back. What truly, truly brilliant games these are. Having played them both recently, Bioshock 2 is the better game, and that's with saying Bioshock itself is a 10/10 game. Masterpieces the both.

Back