• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Currently playing God of War on my PS4. Splendid game - looks utterly phenomenal. It's the 3rd of the 3 AAA title PS4 games I wanted to play during lockdown along with Horizon Zero Dawn and Spider-man. I think I'd rate Spider-man as the best, then GoW then HZD but all 3 have been awesome.

Also, bought the 2016 version of Doom on my Xbox One in the sale. Now THAT is how to remake a game. Almost comically overly violent but really, it's the same game I played when I was about 12. Run around a futuristic labyrinth, shoot the fuck out of anything that moves, find key cards to unlock doors and that's about it. But it's such fun and looks quite insane in 4K on my big telly! (It's on sale now for about £7.50 if anyone is interested - a bargain at that price).

I Platinumed Spider-man last night - definitely the best game I've played on PS4, loved it from start to finish with a story that's actually better than the 2 Spider-man films in the MCU.

The fact I actually collected everything in order to get the Platinum trophy speaks volumes - never done one before but it's just so much fun arsing around NYC.
Agreed, only game I've platinumed and it was very enjoyable as well!

Currently playing God of War on my PS4. Splendid game - looks utterly phenomenal. It's the 3rd of the 3 AAA title PS4 games I wanted to play during lockdown along with Horizon Zero Dawn and Spider-man. I think I'd rate Spider-man as the best, then GoW then HZD but all 3 have been awesome.

Also, bought the 2016 version of Doom on my Xbox One in the sale. Now THAT is how to remake a game. Almost comically overly violent but really, it's the same game I played when I was about 12. Run around a futuristic labyrinth, shoot the fuck out of anything that moves, find key cards to unlock doors and that's about it. But it's such fun and looks quite insane in 4K on my big telly! (It's on sale now for about £7.50 if anyone is interested - a bargain at that price).
Doom 2016 brill, Doom Eternal isn't imo. It has it's moments but it is too often a fiddly platformer or you're being attacked by 100s of demons with no room to manoeuvre as you fall off the platform.

I have 2k16 (I know nothing about basketball so the squads being out of date doesn't bother me), the presentation is the best I've ever seen on any sports game.

I've put a few hours into 2K20 now and you're right the presentation is slick and stylish. Some of the touches are really nice like on court interviews at half time etc. Its a good game for £2.50. Heck, it'd be a good game for £25.00. The basic controls took a bit of time to figure out, and it'll take a long time to master some of the more intricate controls and skills. But at rookie level while learning I've been able to compete enough to make it fun.

Ps5 reveal going well.
2 new IPs for Bethesda, new Rachett and Clank, Spiderman 2 and a load of good looking indie games.

Plus Demon's Souls, new Gran Turismo and a few I've missed!

Horizon Zero Dawn 2 - looks gorgeous.

Last edited:
Ps5 and Ps5 digital version. Reminiscent of the ps2. Also reminiscent of a router. Or an Xbox (mainly because it's white!)
7ec942e38a09355b2210a57aa642e7cb.jpg

Out of fairness here's the fridge being put out by Xbox!

Neither are good looking consoles imo. The WiFi router of Sony edges it for me
d62864fa9a70cc3de243884d2fdffe11.jpg

The PS5 looks awful!! Worst looking console I've seen in years.

Fortunately, it's what games it has that counts and some of those interest me a lot. At least it showed more than the recent XsX 'reveal' which was a waste of time.

Finally getting a proper Gran Turismo is pleasing and GTA V going across to the Ps5 and Xbox X series is interesting

GTA V being made into the next gen is no surprise, it's Rockstars cash cow and they will milk it forever.

GT looked amazing, though it's not a game I'm interested in.

I'm a PC guy, but last night basically sold me on a PS5 if I can afford one. The games just looked incredible... Not even necessarily in terms of graphics, but they just looked fun. There was something very PS2 about the whole thing. Like, "hey, we just made this wild new IP, might not be any good but ain't this shit wild?"

Ghostwire: Tokyo looks dope, and the Demon's Souls' remake? I'm there, 100%.

Got a new PC today and going to really give Steam a go now. Anybody on here with a Steam account let me know I'll add ya.

Noice GPU.

I'd recently been looking at the i5-9600k for a potential upgrade which is extremely popular. Yours is nice and new this year.

Back