• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Probably the most relevant thread I suppose.

Just bought a new keyboard as I fancied a change from my Sidewinder X4 so bought a Corsair K70 LUX Mechanical keyboard. And I fucking hate it. Just wondered if any PC gamers fancied a new keyboard? It'd brand new, I used it for about twenty seconds then boxed it straight back up. I've linked the Amazon page below where I bought it from Thursday, paid £90 will take £80 delivered.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LLEG0NY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ImgW.ashx

Probably the most relevant thread I suppose.

Just bought a new keyboard as I fancied a change from my Sidewinder X4 so bought a Corsair K70 LUX Mechanical keyboard. And I fucking hate it. Just wondered if any PC gamers fancied a new keyboard? It'd brand new, I used it for about twenty seconds then boxed it straight back up. I've linked the Amazon page below where I bought it from Thursday, paid £90 will take £80 delivered.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LLEG0NY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ImgW.ashx

You can exchange stuff on amazon easily these days if you get no takers. They’ll even come and pick the returnee one from your house.

I'm in the market for a decent wireless keyboard if anyone knows of one. My smallish one constantly drops connection for a few seconds. Winds me up.

You can exchange stuff on amazon easily these days if you get no takers. They’ll even come and pick the returnee one from your house.

I paid by gift cards so not too sure how the refunds work. I'll have a look later.

Easy enough to arrange a return and they refund to my Amazon account. Got to drop it off at my Post Office but I can live with that I think.

I've done that before. As soon as the guy scans your parcel the money is put back in your account.

Yeah I seem to remember returning something to them before and the money going straight into my account while I was at the post office.

Out of curiosity, why don't you like it?

Out of curiosity, why don't you like it?

I didn't realise the profile of the keys was so high in comparison to the board itself, not something I could really get along with. The characters on the keys were pretty awful up close, way too big and a cheap looking font. The second most irritating thing (which I didn't notice when I ordered it is for some reason) is that the secondary characters on the keys (7&, 5%, '@ etc) are underneath the main characters instead of above them and that bugged me straight away. But probably the worst thing about it was that it just slid everywhere whenever you went near it, my X4 just sits where it is but the LUX was like it was on glass. You couldn't even type a word without having to move it back to where it was a couple of times.

Build quality looked excellent and the keys did feel nice when typing, and the USB throughput would have been really handy as well. The pros were nowhere near outweighing the cons though so I think I'll just stick with my X4, it'll probably feel like new if I clean it.

The second most irritating thing (which I didn't notice when I ordered it is for some reason) is that the secondary characters on the keys (7&, 5%, '@ etc) are underneath the main characters instead of above them and that bugged me straight away.

That would definitely irritate me every single time I looked down at the keyboard :icon_lol:

Just bang some compressed air on your old one, that'll get rid of a load of the crap without you having to do anything more.

That would definitely irritate me every single time I looked down at the keyboard :icon_lol:

Just bang some compressed air on your old one, that'll get rid of a load of the crap without you having to do anything more.

I've got some, I need to clean the keys properly man they're fucking mank. It's just such a tedious job taking them all off.

Got the majority of the keys cleaned, all the main section is done and the arrow keys. I'll do the rest tomorrow my finger's really sore now from picking the fucking keys off. I feel better about sending my new one back now.

Completed Horizon Zero Dawn - great fun, really enjoyed it.

Now started Spider Man and after the first few hours I can tell I'll be spending a LOT of time on this. It's superb - like playing a Marvel film!

Not seen Spider Man, I'll take a look.

Got the Raven for the switch being delivered today. Looks my kinda game. Will make a change from Rocket League and Mario Kart too.

Spider-man is awesome. One of the few (if not only games) I've platinumed! The webslinging mechanics are so much fun, the dlcs aren't great though so I wouldn't buy them if you've not already got them.

Spider-man is awesome. One of the few (if not only games) I've platinumed! The webslinging mechanics are so much fun, the dlcs aren't great though so I wouldn't buy them if you've not already got them.

That must have taken you ages with all the collectables! Swinging around the city is enormous fun and the story seems to be pretty cool too.

That must have taken you ages with all the collectables! Swinging around the city is enormous fun and the story seems to be pretty cool too.
As Platinum's go it's fairly achievable and you can collect lots of the collectable as you swing through the story. I reckon I only put in an hour or 2 post story to finish off the trophies.

Really wish they'd done that for the PC. Might have to hijack Cass's PS4 to play that.

As Platinum's go it's fairly achievable and you can collect lots of the collectable as you swing through the story. I reckon I only put in an hour or 2 post story to finish off the trophies.

I might give it a go - never platinum-ed a game before.

Back