• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I really loved Doom (2016) but I’ve heard similar about the new one, lots of systems to get your head round and ramps up really quickly. Probably gets better if you power through and get used to it all, I’ll probably wait and get it at some point when it’s a lot cheaper.

I really loved Doom (2016) but I’ve heard similar about the new one, lots of systems to get your head round and ramps up really quickly. Probably gets better if you power through and get used to it all, I’ll probably wait and get it at some point when it’s a lot cheaper.
2016 was brilliant, a really good reboot of the original with a similar feel. The problem I'm finding with Eternal is the cheap platform deaths. If I wanted to play a platformer I'd play Rachett and Clank which does platforming a whole lot better!

Im not quite a 3rd of the way through and I don't hate it. It just doesn't hit the highs of 2016.

I'm now 15 hours into Horizon Zero Dawn and it's good fun. I do think it's a bit overrated though, there's nothing particularly original and all the aspects borrowed from other games are done better elsewhere, so it's a jack of all trades, master of none type affair.

Looks great, and taking down robot dinosaurs is VERY cool - part of the fun is choosing how to take them down.

Human foes are a bit shit though, vastly inferior to the robosaurs IMO and the voice acting is awful but it's a decent enough game overall.

I'd definitely rate AC Odyssey above it though in pretty much every department, but it's better than Jedi: Fallen Order.

I absolutely loved Horizon, always meant to play through new again on new game plus but never got round to it. The story was excellent I thought and the design of the robot dinosaurs was brilliant, the DLC was pretty good too.

Always meant to get AC origins at some point but never did, not sure I’d have the time for a game that big tbh!

I've progressed Kassandra to level 32 in Odyssey. I'd say I've done about 20% or less of the game. Ridiculous.

Finally got 100% on GTA V. Those letter scraps/ spaceship parts are a total pain.

Streets of Rage 4 is out today. Must..... resist.....

Ooh... Started playing 3 just yesterday, might just ditch that and get 4...

Streets of Rage 4 is the perfect sequel to a series I've waited 25 years to play again.

I can't describe how cool it feels to play co-op with my son who is the age I was when I first got into the Streets of Rage series.

They've not changed the formula at all really but they've not needed to - it doesn't need changing. It's not deep, it's not groundbreaking but TBQH I didn't want any of that - I wanted a game that feels like those games I loved so much on the Megadrive.

They've nailed it.

I used to love a good old beat 'em up, the review was pretty positive I read too. If I could get the kids off Fortnite I might invest in a copy

SWoS is free with Xbox gold today.

AC Odyssey is a game that keeps on giving. I'm at level 49, trying to complete the Atlantis quests. Killed the Minotaur, the Cyclops and the Sphinx, just on the last one which from clues so far looks like it's going to be Medusa. I've hardly done any of the main Odyssey quest and I've only assassinated about half the Cultists. Still got all the DLC to do as well. I think I've got at least another 50 hours gameplay to do.

AC Odyssey is a game that keeps on giving. I'm at level 49, trying to complete the Atlantis quests. Killed the Minotaur, the Cyclops and the Sphinx, just on the last one which from clues so far looks like it's going to be Medusa. I've hardly done any of the main Odyssey quest and I've only assassinated about half the Cultists. Still got all the DLC to do as well. I think I've got at least another 50 hours gameplay to do.

I'd say you have more than that!! I've done all the mythical creatures (that minotaur quest was just brilliant - the guy in the outfit :icon_lol:), done all the cultists, clocked up about 85 hours and still haven't got the achievement for unlocking all the map!

I will go back for the DLC at some point - just got to finish Horizon Zero Dawn first. And then start Spider Man. Oh, and then God of War. Or maybe The Witcher 3. Oh yes, and I haven't done much in RDR2 yet. FFS.....!

Not that I should be thinking about buying it, but the new AC game sounds ace. Vikings and England in the Dark Ages!

I just can't play games that long nowadays. I get bored and forget about them. Happened with AC Origins. Recently happened with Ori & The Blind Forest.

I recently finished Gibbous: A Chthulu Adventure, because I quite like point + click adventure games. That was only around 10 hours and that was enough really.

Forgive me, but i have really got into Fallout 76 since the Wastelanders patch came in.

Forgive me, but i have really got into Fallout 76 since the Wastelanders patch came in.

I loved Fallout 4 and all previous Fallout games and I have Fallout 76 as I got it with my Xbox One package, but the negative reviews of it mean I haven't even loaded it up once. Should I give it a go?

I loved Fallout 4 and all previous Fallout games and I have Fallout 76 as I got it with my Xbox One package, but the negative reviews of it mean I haven't even loaded it up once. Should I give it a go?
Like you I love all of the old fallout games, but the lack of NPCs in 76 was a massive turn off. Now that has been addressed I would recommend it to a fallout fan.

I wouldn't recommend it to someone who has no interest in the series or has never played it before though!

Back