• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Ridiculous amounts to catch up on...I've sunk a bit of time into Yakuza 0. Brilliant stuff.
I'm installing it from PC Game Pass later today... Absolutely stoked to finally play one of them.

I'm installing it from PC Game Pass later today... Absolutely stoked to finally play one of them.

Mate, it's fantastic.

Be aware though - it's one of those games with savepoints rather than being able to turn it off whenever you want, and the first bit takes a while until you reach one. Once you're into the main game then they're pretty plentiful so not an issue.

Finished The Last of Us which is simply brilliant - also played the DLC featuring Ellie which was pretty cool. Definitely the closest I've felt to playing a movie.

Now moved on to Horizon Zero Dawn as I've got the PS4 set up. 7-ish hours in and it's pretty good, although sadly not a patch on Assassins Creed Odyssey IMO.

Bought GTAV for PC after watching Cass play it on PS4 and I’m absolutely shit at it. I think that’s my penance for only playing Battlefield and FIFA for the past seven years. I get some right abuse online as I keep fucking missions up (doesn’t help that nobody uses voice comms) but I think that’s more enjoyable than actually being good at the game.

With the long days at home and not having much to do work-wise, I bought Cricket 19 as it was on sale (yes I know I am a sad weirdo)

Gameplay is actually decent, but the comms and the player graphics are poor, especially for PS4

Cricket 19 is great. Graphics are absolutely fine - the Aus and Eng players are very well done. Sure, it's not FIFA, but then it doesn't have EA millions behind it.

Gameplay is good and there's all sorts of customising options.

Bought GTAV for PC after watching Cass play it on PS4 and I’m absolutely shit at it. I think that’s my penance for only playing Battlefield and FIFA for the past seven years. I get some right abuse online as I keep fucking missions up (doesn’t help that nobody uses voice comms) but I think that’s more enjoyable than actually being good at the game.

I never played GTAV online - absolutely bloody LOVED the main game though. I poured hours into that.

Micro plays GTA online most days. He has a sprawling empire of stealing vehicles and cocaine selling. Some of heists you team up to do look a lot of fun. I would be unspeakably bad at it though.

Cricket 19 is great. Graphics are absolutely fine - the Aus and Eng players are very well done. Sure, it's not FIFA, but then it doesn't have EA millions behind it.

Gameplay is good and there's all sorts of customising options.

I mainly bought it for the Ashes series, but do you not think the players heads are disproportionately large compared to their bodies?

The stadiums look class.

I created a Career player and the customisable stuff like hair and face wasnt great IMO

By the way - anyone with a PS4 can get a free copy of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey for free between now and May 5th. An initiative from Sony to keep people at home - what a cool gesture. The Uncharted games are amazing and Journey is supposed to be very highly rated.

Not just PS+ subscribers either - I've not got PS+ because I can't justify paying for that and Xbox Live.

By the way - anyone with a PS4 can get a free copy of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey for free between now and May 5th. An initiative from Sony to keep people at home - what a cool gesture. The Uncharted games are amazing and Journey is supposed to be very highly rated.

Not just PS+ subscribers either - I've not got PS+ because I can't justify paying for that and Xbox Live.

Nice, will check those out, thanks

I mainly bought it for the Ashes series, but do you not think the players heads are disproportionately large compared to their bodies?

The stadiums look class.

I created a Career player and the customisable stuff like hair and face wasnt great IMO
Maybe. It's miles better than its predecessor that looked like a PS2 game.

For customisation, I meant more in the sense of what you're able to download from the online community. People clearly have far, far too much patience to design players. You can download better versions of existing players from there and they're very good.

Thinking about it, that may be why I'm pretty happy with the graphics as I spent a bit of time sorting out the players/squads etc before getting stuck in.

Up to 92.8% on GTA V gotta admit those spaceship parts are a pain in the backside.

Left to do
47/50 letter scraps + mission
18/25 low bridges
22/25 Stunt jumps
7 knife flights
Play golf with a friend
4 street races
4 off road races
Wildlife photography
Stockcar races
30 submarine parts
30 nuclear waste parts
Use the car wash

guys I can play video games again soon! ahhh

I already have borderlands 3 installing. I took a full week off after my last final, think I'm gonna aim to beat it within 4 days, with plenty of whiskey to help me along the way. :icon_lol:

Finished Return of the Obra Dinn last night.

I can't remember the last time a game, even a real puzzle game, made me bust out pen and paper to work out the solutions. It's really a stunning achievement to have all been done by one guy.

Back