• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Best to leave old games alone for the most part.

Genuine 2D stuff isn't too much of a problem (so the original Sonic/Mario games will hold up) but any early 3D stuff like Goldeneye is horrible now. Also Sensible Soccer is laughably simple and easy to exploit, CM 01/02 is merely a challenge in terms of not signing the cheat players and playing the cheat formations, even then it just ends up with you pressing Continue forever after a few seasons and watching the wins and trophies rack up.

Mario 64 would be an exception, they nailed the controls and camera on that although getting N64 stuff to emulate properly and map reasonably to a modern controller is a pain in the arse.

Agree with this - even applies to some of the 2D games tbh, Played the mini SNES and Sega Megadrive consoles they released a year or so ago and playing some of those games ruined the way I remembered them being. They have not aged well.

I refuse to believe that Sensible World of Soccer is no longer the greatest football computer game ever created.

Free MotoGP 15 code for PC to whoever PMs me first.

I am currently top of the league as Wolverhampton in pes 2020 playing 5 2 3! ! Traore is not great in this version but Coady is world class as is Rui!

I am currently top of the league as Wolverhampton in pes 2020 playing 5 2 3! ! Traore is not great in this version but Coady is world class as is Rui!

And as life imitates art I can’t beat a well organised Brighton . Finishes 0 0

Fired up the PS4 for the first time in years at the weekend and started (well, restarted) The Last of Us.

What a brilliant game - it really does feel like you're playing a movie. I think I'm about 8-10 hours into it and I love it. By far the best thing about it is the storyline and the characters - but it looks and sounds awesome too. It's just a great experience.

No doubt many of you have already played this as it's not a new game by any stretch of the imagination but it seems fitting that it's only now that I discover it!!

Got the following to start/finish off after I'm done with it:

Witcher 3 (12 hours in but TBH I've forgotten all about it so I'm going to restart it)
Horizon Zero Dawn (only about 3 hours in so same again)
Uncharted 4 (quite far in so I'll finish it)
Assassins Creed Odyssey (finished the main quest but I have the DLC to do)

That should keep me busy for a while.

Has anyone else taken to their consoles during the lockdown?

If I could micro off GTA online, I would happily re-start Witcher 3 and Red Dead 2

Oh shit yes - RDR 2 as well! I really enjoyed that but then Sea of Thieves came along and I never went back to it.

Took out an nintendo online subscription yesterday and spent most of the evening getting my arse kicked playing mario kart online. Its still ace though.

I made the fantastic decison in Feb to sell my xBox. Fucking marvelous move was that

I bought my PS4 with us when we got our house, it's sat in a cupboard upstairs for nearly 3 years without being switched on. Can't see that changing massively either as we've still only got one TV in the house and not sure my life would be worth living for much longer if I decided to take it over with a games console.

I bought my PS4 with us when we got our house, it's sat in a cupboard upstairs for nearly 3 years without being switched on. Can't see that changing massively either as we've still only got one TV in the house and not sure my life would be worth living for much longer if I decided to take it over with a games console.

We only have 1 TV too but I limit my Xbox time to when my partner is out at work or busy doing something else. If we are in together the TV is for both of us.

I was about half way through RDR2 and completed it at the weekend - fantastic game and story, the epilogue is good fun too.

I'm considering going back and starting again and doing all of the side missions this time as I didn't go them all, as well as it being over 12 months since I started the game anyway.

Picked up God of War last night and am still yet to play Witcher 3 so have plenty to entertain myself with.

We only have 1 TV too but I limit my Xbox time to when my partner is out at work or busy doing something else. If we are in together the TV is for both of us.

Since we've lived together I've not really had much opportunity like that to make it worthwhile setting up, we work pretty much the same hours and most of the time she's occupied elsewhere I'm playing football so would only really leave the option of staying up later than her to get a gaming fix, can't be arsed with that and getting up early for work the next day.

I play a LOT less than usual because since my better half moved in, we also watch things together in the evenings. Which is cool - I've seen a lot more films and TV shows but my gaming time has been drastically reduced as a result (she did burst into the room on Sunday when I was playing through a particularly tense part of The Last of Us and scared the shit out of me though. Which made her laugh). I don't play online anymore so when I do play, it's to play through the countless single player games I have. I do miss Sea of Thieves but the people I played with have all moved on from it too - I guess that happens with games.

I have Witcher 3, Red Dead 2, Assassins Creed Odyssey, Alien Isolation (which seems appropriate!), Sudden Strike, Fallout 4 and LA Noire all to choose from. Can't decide what to spend time on, too many good games to choose from!

Couldn't recommend AC: Odyssey enough - just a superb game, not sure how they manage to cram so much into one game. I think I've played around 80 hours and I'm yet to start the DLC - it's never got samey for me.

Tip: choose Kassandra as your protagonist - her acting etc is much better!

Couldn't recommend AC: Odyssey enough - just a superb game, not sure how they manage to cram so much into one game. I think I've played around 80 hours and I'm yet to start the DLC - it's never got samey for me.

Tip: choose Kassandra as your protagonist - her acting etc is much better!
I don't full agree.... Though I am playing as Alexios.

It's OK, but I preferred AC origins.

I have sunk around 60 hours into AC Odyssey so it's certainly not a bad game and one I'll return to and finish but I have got distracted by Sonic Mania and Shadow of the Collossus.

I have Witcher 3, Red Dead 2, Assassins Creed Odyssey, Alien Isolation (which seems appropriate!), Sudden Strike, Fallout 4 and LA Noire all to choose from. Can't decide what to spend time on, too many good games to choose from!

Fallout 4 is just outstanding - just take your time and don't rush it.
Cannot praise Witcher 3 enough - the greatest RPG. Great writing, superb missions, excellent side quests.

Ridiculous amounts to catch up on...I've sunk a bit of time into Yakuza 0. Brilliant stuff.

Back