• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Did you put in an M2 Nvme drive? I have a WD 512GB one for my Windows/Programs drive (via PCI-e card as its an older board) and it is lightening fast.

P. S. My Steam ID is haznick

Has anybody got any graphics packs for FM20. Just read most sites have removed them.

Did you put in an M2 Nvme drive? I have a WD 512GB one for my Windows/Programs drive (via PCI-e card as its an older board) and it is lightening fast.

P. S. My Steam ID is haznick

I recently bought an Intel NUC. i7, 32Gb RAM, 512Gb NvMe SSD. Runs like shit off a shovel and is about 6in x 6in x 2in.

I was looking at those compact PCs last week. They look good, but I imagine cooling is tight and upgrading yourself is trickier.

I’ve just finished The Last Of Us 2. Absolutely fucking brutal but an incredible game that will stick with me for a while.

Anybody tried VR for the PS4? Just wanted to know what it was like.
If it’s good it would really tempt me to buy a PS5.

New Cyberpunk trailer.This looks ridiculous.

It's a must buy - day 1.

Just as a heads up, at least on steam (not sure about console), there are apps that let you play things on a screen in the helmet. it's basically as if you were sitting a few feet in front of a movie screen. sounds kinda silly, but it actually works well for games without native VR support, and you can still use a mouse/kb like normal instead of the stilted motion controls.

I had the smaller powered Oculus Go for a couple of months to dip my toe into VR, but it was too basic so I upgraded to a Samsung Odyssey+ headset which is ace.

I've tried skiing with it on and it just makes me fall over or feel sick!

Playing Ghost of Tshushima (I'm a sucker for the latest AAA opennworld game!) it really is a very good game and well worth checking out.

There are a few things that don't quite work (weapon cycling is awkward) and a few of the usual open world tropes (fetch/follow quests). But I'm about 12-15 hours in and I have fully enjoyed it so far.

Didn't like Assassins Creed Odyssey first time I played it, but I began a new game a few days ago and now I'm really enjoying it.
In fact, I can't stop playing it! What a great game.

Can anybody tell me if Assassins Creed Origins is just as good as it is selling for about £10 on ebay?

Stopped playing Far Cry 5 because of the stupid game mechanic which suddenly takes you out of the world no matter what you are doing.
Enjoying Far Cry New Dawn though.

Didn't like Assassins Creed Odyssey first time I played it, but I began a new game a few days ago and now I'm really enjoying it.
In fact, I can't stop playing it! What a great game.

Can anybody tell me if Assassins Creed Origins is just as good as it is selling for about £10 on ebay?

Stopped playing Far Cry 5 because of the stupid game mechanic which suddenly takes you out of the world no matter what you are doing.
Enjoying Far Cry New Dawn though.
I preferred Origins but I think I'm in the minority in that! However, Origins is well worth a tenner.

Fired up BF4 again the last couple of days and was surprised to see a fair few active servers still. Really enjoyed it. Still rinsing FIFA20 to the death though, got five outstanding teams in FUT and getting every ounce out of them before 21 takes over.

Downloaded Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 & 2 on PS4 over the weekend. Wow, what a trip down memory lane.

The maps, the skaters, the soundtrack... took me right back to my teenage years. I'm happy to say that it plays brilliantly. Without stating the obvious, it's essentially a game from 1999 but revamped with PS4 graphics - and it's bloody great.

Would highly recommend it to anyone else that played it or enjoyed the series.

Downloaded Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 & 2 on PS4 over the weekend. Wow, what a trip down memory lane.

The maps, the skaters, the soundtrack... took me right back to my teenage years. I'm happy to say that it plays brilliantly. Without stating the obvious, it's essentially a game from 1999 but revamped with PS4 graphics - and it's bloody great.

Would highly recommend it to anyone else that played it or enjoyed the series.

I bought this as well over the weekend. I don't have that much time to play games and even less soon so it's a good option to just put on for 30 mins or so without having to get too involved.

I bought this as well over the weekend. I don't have that much time to play games and even less soon so it's a good option to just put on for 30 mins or so without having to get too involved.

Pretty much exactly where I stand, mate. Just don't have time to sit down and invest hours and hours in a game so this is great for a quick blast here and there. It's great fun, too!

PS5 launch date and price
November 12th US November 19th UK
Digital version £359.99 $399.99
Normal version £449.99 $499.99

Back