• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Yeah it's a good way of getting to grips with some of the game mechanics. I'm in the 'Hereford Wolf mode' of taking my time and just appreciating the quite astonishing level of detail in the world.

Also, just listening to the interactions of NPCs at the camp is another example of how much is in this game. It's well worth eavesdropping on some of the conversations!

It'll be interesting to see what's available online. Very little, if anything, has been officially revealed so far. I wonder if they'll have a Battle Royale mode... they seem to be all the range at the moment!

God I hope not. #snore

Yeah it's a good way of getting to grips with some of the game mechanics. I'm in the 'Hereford Wolf mode' of taking my time and just appreciating the quite astonishing level of detail in the world.

Also, just listening to the interactions of NPCs at the camp is another example of how much is in this game. It's well worth eavesdropping on some of the conversations!

I've been taking my time too, although I have been nailing a few of the main storylines before my mates get too far ahead and spoil it for me. I think I'm on about 19% at the moment.

I have to say, it's nearly impossible to not just sit back and enjoy the surroundings, though. Every time I mark up a location on the mini-map to head towards (I'm not one of these noobs who has gone "fully subversive without using the map") I find myself getting distracted with other things on the way. The little side stories and missions that you stumble across while out on your horse is mad.

God I hope not. #snore

Fully expect there to be a Battle Royale mode in there. Hey - you don't have to play it! If GTA online is anything to go by, it will have a silly amount of game modes available.

X Box 1 x came yesterday. All set up. Downloaded Oblivion as I always do! I must of bought that game at least 6 times.
RDR is due for delivery today.
I will not be rushing this game. Can’t wait to start.

My horse is called Colin. Some arsehead tried to steal him.

He wasn't having it and bucked him over a cliff :icon_lol:

Good boy, Colin

Mine is Barry, he's yet to do anything cool. The black shire horse from Hosea's mission did however kick me in the head and kill me.

Good boy, Colin

Ruben Neighves

He had a bad yesterday. Got freaked out by something and jumped over the edge of a bridge and killed me on some rocks. Luckily he was still alive. Later on he was shot by some bounty hunters but was still alive when I got back to him so I could help him out.

Good boy, Colin
My cousin is called Colin, he's a dick. Can I swap him for your horse?

In non red dead 2 news...

The switch has just outsold the gamecube.

That was absolutely fantastic. I won't give away any spoilers in here, but this was one of the most enjoyable missions I've played on a game in years.

Like Aiki says, the controls are a little awkward - and this is perhaps the one, smallest little criticism I can give to what is otherwise an unbelievable game.

This cracked me up: https://twitter.com/CharleyyRachael/status/1056142773605281792

Has anyone robbed a store yet?

My horse is called Cornelius and I have also accidentally punched him in the head, he laid me out in return.

To make amends I fed him some classic oatcakes and gave him a pat!

RDR 2 gets better the more I play it. The controls issue eases once you get used to it, although searching huts etc for supplies feels awful and cumbersome.

But the missions are varied, fun, tense and sometimes downright hilarious.

I think I'm around 10 hours in and I'm still on chapter 2 - I don't want to rush through this as it's just so immersive.

Also, it appears that your trusty bow and arrow are quite useful at short range....

For whoever it was asking about AC Odyssey and how much Ancient Greek history/mythology comes into the story, so far I have encountered Herodotos, Sokrates, Perikles and unlocked a quest involving the Minotaur, which I haven't started yet! I think I have explored about 15% of the map so far.

Enjoying the beginning of Red Dead but am finding the controls not easy to get my head around!

I'm sure things will improve as I go on.

My mount is called Horse Hrubesch

One for you fans of the early eighties mannschaft. He will be a MONSTER of a companion.

Just done the Lenny mission. Outstanding work from Rockstar on that one...the scenes are superb

A shot from close range does some serious damage to your mush!

45210561_10156909396584443_2841470034260262912_n.jpg

My Horse collection coming along nicely now

45208541_10156909526169443_5495154572101943296_n.jpg

:icon_lol:

Anyone else plan on checking out Fallout 76? Reviews so far have been uh... mixed is putting it kindly.

Back