• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

After by my estimates 47 attempts at trying to catch the man from Blackwater it can fuck off. Bored now.

I genuinely did that first time :icon_lol:

Saved him, too. Although when I returned the stolen horse to the owner, he called me an “idiot”, so I hogtied him up, put him on the back of his own horse and then dropped him on to some train tracks and waited for the magic to happen...

Paddy - if you’re struggling with this one you should be able to see a yellow dot on your radar in the bottom left of the screen. That’s him so just keep following that.

I will try that later. If still no dice I will get Micro to do it for me when he gets back from Hamburg on Wednesday. He did it first time as well, and Squeeze told him of my travails, and he took the piss. Pfffftttt - teenagers.

No. He actually had MY help to do the bit when you go off map on the dragon to the massive temple that is Draugr central. Mind you - he was about 8 then.

I did Skyrim entirely on my own (with a little help from the BIG BOOK)

So many issues early on thinking I was in GTA when I jumped on my horse and pressed the RT button to move and all that does is fire my gun. Managed to get a bounty on me in Valentine as I did this and shot someone and blew their head off. Probably the most accurate shot I will fire all game

I'm forever accidentally firing from the hip, I accidentally shot a fella whilst trying to beat a debt out of him, thankfully only in the shoulder. I then killed a pig too, although I wasn't too bothered about that, until the mission I was on required me to carry someone on my horse so it disappeared. Camp will have to go hungry I guess.

I'm forever accidentally firing from the hip, I accidentally shot a fella whilst trying to beat a debt out of him, thankfully only in the shoulder. I then killed a pig too, although I wasn't too bothered about that, until the mission I was on required me to carry someone on my horse so it disappeared. Camp will have to go hungry I guess.

I've accidently shot so many people, the controls aren't quite as slick as I'd have hoped but it's not ruining my enjoyment.

The camp requiring Arthur to constantly feed them is a little frustrating too, go shoot your own deer goddamn it!

I'm still in chapter 2, I love the slow pace and the fact that I can spend time just doing "stuff" without a mission cropping up.

This game is SO much fun. It looks utterly ridiculous in 4K.

I'm still in chapter 2, I love the slow pace and the fact that I can spend time just doing "stuff" without a mission cropping up.

Same here - I'm in no rush to go to the main campaign tasks - I'm just enjoying wandering around and getting used to everything. Shooting rabbits with an arrow and skinning it is way more satisfying than it should be.

I did accidentally point my gun at someone when I just wanted to say hello. Oops. I killed him and the 4 people nearby who interfered but lost my subsequent 'wanted' rating pretty easily. The controls definitely don't feel particularly instinctive yet....

I'm frequently discharging my weapon at inappropriate times, usually whilst hunting. It's not a good strategy as for some reason it does tend to scare the animals off. I've yet to kill anyone in error just the people I'm supposed too, I most definitely didn't kill the man hanging from the cliff. Gravity did that although I didn't exactly help him either. I did take great joy intimidating and then robbing a witness to a necessary brawl. Arthur didn't appear to appreciate me doing it though.

Has anyone else done the mission with Lenny in the saloon?

Genuinely hilarious :icon_lol:

Haven't started RDR yet, still enjoying Odyssey too much. There's a great side quest called Family Values (I think that's it) with a character called Supideo. If you read that name backwards you'll be able to guess what the quest is based on. But how it does it is truly funny and clever.

Has anyone else done the mission with Lenny in the saloon?

Genuinely hilarious :icon_lol:

That was absolutely fantastic. I won't give away any spoilers in here, but this was one of the most enjoyable missions I've played on a game in years.

Like Aiki says, the controls are a little awkward - and this is perhaps the one, smallest little criticism I can give to what is otherwise an unbelievable game.

This cracked me up: https://twitter.com/CharleyyRachael/status/1056142773605281792

Has anyone robbed a store yet?

My mate got it so I get it too. Took me abut 5 hours to download it!

I played Skyrim once (took a day off work to do so) so maybe it's not for me but will give it a go.

Red Dead looks brilliant and no doubt the campaign will be brilliant, however Im waiting for the online stuff. Already got 4 lads in a gang ready to go..

Like Aiki says, the controls are a little awkward - and this is perhaps the one, smallest little criticism I can give to what is otherwise an unbelievable game.

Agree with that - maybe it'll take some getting used to, but it's annoying how the same button can do completely different things if you're a fraction away from where you need to be.

Example - press Y to rest. Oops, I pressed Y when I was right next to a poor bystander. Who I then proceeded to throttle, and had to blast my way out of Valentine. I only wanted a sit down!

Red Dead looks brilliant and no doubt the campaign will be brilliant, however Im waiting for the online stuff. Already got 4 lads in a gang ready to go..

There's literally hundreds of hours of campaign to get through, no way I'll find the time to go online with it any time soon.

There's literally hundreds of hours of campaign to get through, no way I'll find the time to go online with it any time soon.

Same here. Doubt I will even touch the online stuff until next year

Agree with that - maybe it'll take some getting used to, but it's annoying how the same button can do completely different things if you're a fraction away from where you need to be.

Example - press Y to rest. Oops, I pressed Y when I was right next to a poor bystander. Who I then proceeded to throttle, and had to blast my way out of Valentine. I only wanted a sit down!

All part of the fun! As I put earlier I am very much still thinking I am playing GTA with the controls, slowly getting better though.

Also don't mind the part where you need to provide for the camp. Makes me take in what is happening around me as I look for anything to hunt if I am heading in the direction of the camp.

It'll be interesting to see what's available online. Very little, if anything, has been officially revealed so far. I wonder if they'll have a Battle Royale mode... they seem to be all the range at the moment!

Back