• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

The walk down the mountains out of the snow is stunning

It better be fucking incredible, given the working conditions at Rockstar.

It better be fucking incredible, given the working conditions at Rockstar.

This story is a storm in a teacup. It was only a couple of the very top brass that did “100 hour weeks” and it was their own choice. All the other staff did no more than 60 hours right at the very end of the day to get the game ready for release. Plenty of Rockstar employees have come out to poo poo these stories if you look past the headlines.

Anyway - played the game for far too long last night. Completed the first chapter and then after doing one mission of the second chapter got totally sidetracked by side stories. What a game!

Such a great game, I'm probably a few hours ahead of most on here as I had a half day yesterday. The pace is superb, doesn't encourage you to gallop through and the environment almost feels "real".

Almost certainly the game of the year.

Does RDR2 come with any download code or anything? Got some CEX vouchers i might use to get it, but usually find any codes are removed.

When you come down out of the snow it just looks even better and better. The graphics on this game are beyond comprehension. Game of the Year is absolutely done.

I also love the fact you have to have a shave or you end up like a member of ZZ Top. The level of detail is majestic.

I don't have it but my FB timeline has filled up w people commenting about a horses balls shrivelling in the cold?

Yep. Haven't seen it yet but it is apparently there. Actually, the horses look brilliant. The movement of them is so much better than in the original, very very realistic. I also like the fact that you have to REALLY look after your horse, and they are almost a character themselves.

This story is a storm in a teacup. It was only a couple of the very top brass that did “100 hour weeks” and it was their own choice. All the other staff did no more than 60 hours right at the very end of the day to get the game ready for release. Plenty of Rockstar employees have come out to poo poo these stories if you look past the headlines.

Anyway - played the game for far too long last night. Completed the first chapter and then after doing one mission of the second chapter got totally sidetracked by side stories. What a game!
You might want to read Jason Schreier's piece on Kotaku.

Then you don't really get to say it's a nothing story. This is hardly the first time Rockstar has been in hot water over this sort of thing.

Good to see they haven't made bears any easier from the original. OHSHITBEARDEAD

Yep. Haven't seen it yet but it is apparently there. Actually, the horses look brilliant. The movement of them is so much better than in the original, very very realistic. I also like the fact that you have to REALLY look after your horse, and they are almost a character themselves.

Its in the Ign review

Well my horse has just taken a huge dump as I stood behind him! Lovely.

Stopped to help a guy who needed help with his horse....as I spoke to him the horse kicked out and killed him. Not all bad as I looted his cash.

Micro started his game, got to horseshoe overlook, hitched up his horse and it shat on his foot. He has gone to the nearby settlement and bought a second horse. I said call it Ruben, but as it was a small and fairly rubbish animal he now whistles for his new friend Pathetic.

My copy of RDR 2 arrived at 4.15 this afternoon. Ordered it weeks ago. Thanks Amazon... By the time its installed I'll get chance to play it tomorrow!

After by my estimates 47 attempts at trying to catch the man from Blackwater it can fuck off. Bored now.

After by my estimates 47 attempts at trying to catch the man from Blackwater it can fuck off. Bored now.

Just did this at 2nd time of asking holding the L2 button focused on the fella. I'm guessing from the lateness of the post, cold drinks may have been consumed hence the difficulty?

I think it was a bit of that but also a general vision thing. I have an eye test next Saturday and I do think new glasses will help. I go through the passage through the open barn and I just cannot see where the bloke goes off to the right somewhere. I will no doubt try again later. I am back at the camp at the moment so I might head off for some hunting missions and come back to that particular chase.

Back