• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Look forward to seeing Ruben ViNAGre.

:icon_lol:

Anyone else plan on checking out Fallout 76? Reviews so far have been uh... mixed is putting it kindly.

I got excited upon announcement but upon hearing it was an online mmo style survival game I lost all interest!

I've overspent on games recently :icon_lol:

• RDR 2 is obviously very massive and engrossing
  • I got FIFA 19 last week and haven't had much opportunity to play it
  • There's another special event on Sea of Thieves which I need to finish
  • Forza Horizon 4 is unreal in 4K so I find it hard to put it down!! Here's me jumping over a hovercraft in the Ribble Valley

ba90fe35-5e07-45b9-bde1-d580378f8c51

How is everyone getting on with RDR2 then?

I am 60% through the story. Feel like it would have been impossible for me to play the game any more, given my circumstances at home (Mrs, full time job & 2 year old daughter) - yet there are friends of mine in similar circumstances who have completed 100% of the story! I have absolutely no idea how they've done it.

I'm not rushing through but I would like to get the majority of the story done before the online side of the game is released.

30% for me, I'm taking my time as I'm in no particular rush (I've only just got the fishing rod). I've also got FIFA on the go too and have to get my daily squad battles in, plus with me frequently only having a few hours gaming a day it doesn't leave a huge amount of time. Didn't help I wasted half an hour the other night getting whooped by Hosea at dominoes.

30% for me, I'm taking my time as I'm in no particular rush (I've only just got the fishing rod). I've also got FIFA on the go too and have to get my daily squad battles in, plus with me frequently only having a few hours gaming a day it doesn't leave a huge amount of time. Didn't help I wasted half an hour the other night getting whooped by Hosea at dominoes.

That's the glory of the game. I loaded up a couple of nights back with the intention of smashing through a couple of hours on the story, and spent an hour fishing instead :icon_lol: Worth it, though, when I got the "it was this big" trophy for catching a whopper. Took my bloody ages to reel him in!

I just don't understand how some of my mates have got to 100% already. There have been very few evenings since the game was released, where I've not at least managed to load for an hour - generally when the Mrs/toddler are asleep; so I've no idea how they've done it.

Unlike you, I haven't been distracted by Fifa at all - as I think that's a massive pile of shit. Was very, very disappointed with it. I might end up going back to it eventually, but I made the mistake of buying Pro Evo before Fifa was released and PES just plays so much better.

Once the online side of RDR2 is released that will almost certainly be all I play for a few months because of the limited time I get to play.

Less than 20% of the way through the story - I'm enjoying the experience so much that I don't want to rush it. Completing it already is just mental, unless they play for 6 hours a night every single night - I don't know why you'd want to rush through it when there's so much else to appreciate aside from the main campaign (your fishing example being a case in point!).

I don't get all that much time these days but I'm trying to make time because there's this, FIFA 19, Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4 to get through at the moment!!

Im taking it pretty slow, on chapter 2 and spending a lot of time wandering around and hunting, the missions I’m getting are still pretty much tutorial but still very fun. I’m splitting my time between that and F1 still atm.

I'm a complete novice gamer as I'm still only 12% through Assassins Creed Black Flag and I'd never played Modern Warfare until recently so I'm going through the campaign on that.

I intend to get RDR2 at some point in the New Year when time allows.

This thread makes me smile. I expect to be playing RRD2 for at least 2 years....just taking my time, exploring around.
But people are proud because they've finished it in two weeks!

Maybe we all play games for different reasons. If I have an open world game like RD2 then that's my playground for at least a couple of years. How much stuff don't you see if you rush through it.

I've played Oblivion since 2006 and I'm still finding new things.....

Each to their own.

This thread makes me smile. I expect to be playing RRD2 for at least 2 years....just taking my time, exploring around.
But people are proud because they've finished it in two weeks!

Maybe we all play games for different reasons. If I have an open world game like RD2 then that's my playground for at least a couple of years. How much stuff don't you see if you rush through it.

I've played Oblivion since 2006 and I'm still finding new things.....

Each to their own.

Don’t think anyone on here has completed the story of RDR2.

I'm normally good at the random encounters but I clearly had an off day yesterday.

I found a bloke who had been thrown off his horse, covered in blood, pleading me to help him.

I'm a nice cowboy so I went to help him - he asked me to take him to the doctor's in Saint Denis. Which I thought was really exciting because I hadn't been to Saint Denis yet, so I helped him onto my horse and sped off towards the city.

Unfortunately, as I was speeding past a stagecoach (which I thought was hogging the road tbh) I got a bit too close to a tree. Arthur had his head down as he was geeing up Colin (my horse) but the poor bugger sat behind me was bolt upright - a stray branch clotheslined him off the back of the horse and he went FLYING.

After a few lolz, I thought I should check on him.

Oh fuck - he's dead. Ah well. I looted his corpse and threw him in the swamp.

Turns out I'm a shit cowboy after all. And I've still not been to Saint Denis yet.

Oh yeah, I also came across a guy who had shackles around his ankles - he was pleading me to shoot them so he could run away. I was in a rush though, so my aim was off and I shot him in the bollocks with my shotgun. Oops. Sorry, buddy.

Back