• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Does anyone know what the new Assassins Creed game is like?

Everything I’ve seen and heard about it is really good.
I had almost given up on AC a few years ago, but this will definitely draw me back in.
I’ve such a gaming backlog I guess I’ll be able to buy if for a fiver by the time I’m ready!

What a game.,...Im only on the second chapter but am having so much fun.

I am shit with the guns, and I keep shooting strangers in the face when I mean to greet them, so Ive had some scrapes with the law, even had to hide from Bounty Hunters by standing on a rock ledge in a ravine until the heat died down. Also got my face chewn off by the Bear, is that mission possible to re-attempt?

Does anyone know what the new Assassins Creed game is like?

It is excellent. Truly massive. And some really, really entertaining moments and some extremely tricky fights to negotiate. Great storyline, it's so good I've hardly touched RDR2 yet.

Apparently it's amazing. The best of the series. Not played it myself mind you, I've not got past Unity yet so I'm WAY behind.

I played 44% of Unity before binning it off, didn't play the one after but Origins was really good. Looking forward to Odyssey once I finish RDR2 (fyi I'm at 78% on that so nearly there!)

Just completed RDR2, what a game! No spoilers for those of you who've not played/completee but the epilogue continues the plot...

I finally reached Pirate Legend on Sea of Thieves at the weekend - it's probably been my favourite multiplayer game of all time. Just sheer fun, especially when you crew up with decent players. Plenty more to play for yet, so I'm not putting the game away any time soon!

IMG_35bdb4a3-a670-47c0-a5c9-fcd7b386dfcd-01.jpeg.646e1fc4c419552538f520ce0e2a3832.jpeg

Anyone played Super Smash Bros on the switch? Just got it and feel like I'm missing something as I'm just button bashing.

Anyone played Super Smash Bros on the switch? Just got it and feel like I'm missing something as I'm just button bashing.

I have it for the Wii U and I haven't a clue what the fuck I'm supposed to be doing either.

I have it for the Wii U and I haven't a clue what the fuck I'm supposed to be doing either.
Well at least it's not just me.

Everyone bangs on about it being the best game ever, I just feel like I'm missing something. Embarrassingly one of my twins is flipping excellent at it and keeps kicking my ass too.

I played it the other day, getting Switch tomorrow and bummed Smash Bros on Gamecube.

You need to use smash attacks to knock opponents off the stage. Direction + basic attack (hold basic attack button, then let go to release the smash attack)

Every character has 2 jumps and an Up+B to get back on stage.

Back button to shield, back button + left/right to roll away from trouble.

Try Kirby actually, has 5 jumps, easiest character to use I think.

His hammer attacks are good to KO people.

once you learn the 3-4 basic button combinations the game will open wide up, as it's the same across all characters

Link has always been my go-to

Had around 2 hours on RDR2 last night where I really didn't do a lot. Just rode around, helped 1 stranger out, killed a few gangs and did a crap load of hunting. Killed my first gator

I wasn't paying attention to where I was on the Map and ended up entering the Blackwater area. Man they don't like you there! within seconds I had 8 people appear to kill me. Dealt with them and decided to leave the area but couldn't as I was ambused by another load. Wanted Dead or Alive is a lie...they want you DEAD.

What a fantastic story Red Dead 2 was. Btw if your worried about not completing the other stuff like challenges, missed stranger missions etc, everything will be available after the story including stuff you missed in the story, plus don't forget to replay missions to get those gold medals for achievements.

That's good to know. I've been holding back on the story missions to do all the side quests.

Back