• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I'm going to have to re-write the list of my top 10 favourite games of all time because I'm going to have to put Sea of Thieves in there. Somewhere high up - top 3. I bloody love it. It's the only reason I've made such little progress on RDR2.

You're the only guy left playing ain't ya! Forealz tho never heard of anyone play it after me and my mates tried it initially

Not at all - it seems more people are starting to play now. I know it gets loads of viewers on Twitch (not that I've ever understood why people want to watch streams of other people playing a computer game) and the servers are always full.

Ah well that's good to hear. Could throw in a whatever floats your....ship here. :)

Main Story on RDR2 DONE. Now to explore the world and get the 100%.

Will pop over to Mexico soon and explore that. No "official" way to get there but you can cross the river in 1 spot thanks to a glitch (not a lot there apparantly, just a few things from RDR1
One for Quirk, in spoilers incase folk haven't got this far in the story

Apparently there is a glitch when in Mexico where the Map ends and you can fall into the island of Guarma

Jinky - Get back and finish the boring tasks...there aren't many and Epilogue 2 is just a mix of great missions and brilliant story telling that leads into RDR1.

Also amazes me the amount of people who put these video games together. The credits seemed to go on forever (but you have to watch them for the cut scenes to fill in the final story details)

I can guarantee you that these challenges will take forever and a day.

Im still to discover any other dinosaur bones, also the decapitated head mystery, Ive found two heads thats it. Plus has anybody found Gavin

Man! I have only put aside forever and a couple of hours to do this...

I stopped smoking 12 years ago, but this game has me buying shitloads of premium cig for the cards..

I can guarantee you that these challenges will take forever and a day.

Im still to discover any other dinosaur bones, also the decapitated head mystery, Ive found two heads thats it. Plus has anybody found Gavin
Rdrmap.

Do we have many PC gamers on here? normally just stick to the FIFA thread as I only play fifa/wow these days, pretty much.

Anyway, I have a ton of extra steam keys if anyone might be interested. I can compile them later.

Do we have many PC gamers on here? normally just stick to the FIFA thread as I only play fifa/wow these days, pretty much.

Anyway, I have a ton of extra steam keys if anyone might be interested. I can compile them later.
Yoooooo I am nearly 100% PC these days (aside from my "retro" collection).

Would be interested in seeing what keys you have t3ch

Question. And thanks to Alan for this. I've changed my tact from gaming to retro now, What is the hardest emulation on a laptop and could I go cheap just to use a laptop for retro gaming?

I play a lot of games on pc purely for the mods. Last console game I brought was fifa

Question. And thanks to Alan for this. I've changed my tact from gaming to retro now, What is the hardest emulation on a laptop and could I go cheap just to use a laptop for retro gaming?

It honestly depends on what systems you're trying to emulate and how much you care about "accuracy". Some consoles are an absolute bitch to get running properly (of the big ones, the Saturn is probably the most obvious example).

If you're sticking to 16-bit and older games, and aren't terribly concerned about a little bit of slowdown or weird inconsistencies with audio (or, even more incrementally, things like jump arcs being one or two pixels wrong), then a Raspberry Pi or middling laptop should do you fine.

Personally, I stick with original hardware whenever possible in part because it's just a lot easier to get working. Some emulators just don't care about being user friendly.

Yoooooo I am nearly 100% PC these days (aside from my "retro" collection).

Alan, I think there were some Sonic ones of mine that went unclaimed. They're on the Christmas thread, nearish the end. Take what you want.

is $30 cheap enough for you? get a raspberry pi.

anything up to and including SNES/Genesis is very stable. N64/PS1 is mosly solid, but saturn/dreamcast are hit/miss.

Back