• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

24% in. On Chapter 3 and done a couple of Missions and some are still basically tutorials.

Done some Treasure Hunting (purchased a Map for $10...but then killed the dude and got my money + some extra back). Nice reward at the end of it but a trip up the Grizzlies (no fnnar there chaps) was intense with animals everywhere that want to kill you.
Also finished a mission finding 4 old gun slingers for a man writing a book. Had a massive stroll, took in Saint Denis and a lod of other parts of the map and still the majority of it is hidden.
Got rid of the Bounties on my head (apart from Blackwater of course) that were totalling $900. Way to do it? Easy, pop into the kitchen and let your dog lie on the controller, knock it and punch or shoot someone in Valentine right outside the Sherifs office and bingo you get arrested and plonked in jail for the night. You lose all your money, I only had $200 or so at that point, but all your bounties are wiped out.

Got pissed off with Mr Pearson after I returned to the camp after a couple of days away, fully loaded up with meat, skins and other bits to donate to the camp funds and he says "About time you donated" Fuck off Pearson and check the ledger. 2 pages and its all my name apart from someone donating a birds feather worth 10 cents. Shame you can't boil his head in his stew.

I'm normally good at the random encounters but I clearly had an off day yesterday.

I found a bloke who had been thrown off his horse, covered in blood, pleading me to help him.

I'm a nice cowboy so I went to help him - he asked me to take him to the doctor's in Saint Denis. Which I thought was really exciting because I hadn't been to Saint Denis yet, so I helped him onto my horse and sped off towards the city.

That's exactly how I ended up in Saint Denis for the first time, the ending to that particular encounter is rather grizzly (well for him anyway) if you get him to the doctors.

That's exactly how I ended up in Saint Denis for the first time, the ending to that particular encounter is rather grizzly (well for him anyway) if you get him to the doctors.

It is indeed, although I stayed around to watch anyway :icon_lol:

Kenny - hunting and returning with meat/skins etc is one way to do it, but if you have lots of cash you can also upgrade things around the camp by turning to the back pages of the ledger. You’ll see the little icons in the top right turn from red to yellow and then eventually green, if you *really* spoil the camp. (Apologies if you know all this already).

Fully upgraded medical and cooking (so much stuff there cans were simply floating in the air). Also gave Dutch a better bed and purchased a chicken house.

Was going to buy a boat when cash was built up but ended up doing a mission where you "borrow" one

I definitely haven’t got to the point where I have a lot of cash, spent a lot on a horse and now barely have any! Also have a couple of bounties on my head for various amounts but not sure what to do about that.

Also have a couple of bounties on my head for various amounts but not sure what to do about that.

If you haven't got much cash then just commit a crime in a town and get arrested. You lose your money but all the bounties vanish (well did for me). Then when free pop out and kill a few dodgy looking geezers (anyone) and take their cash.

When you meet the stranger that offers to sell you a treasure map, take it (buy it or rob him) then spend the time following the maps as the reward at the end of it is pretty good.

If you haven't got much cash then just commit a crime in a town and get arrested. You lose your money but all the bounties vanish (well did for me). Then when free pop out and kill a few dodgy looking geezers (anyone) and take their cash.

When you meet the stranger that offers to sell you a treasure map, take it (buy it or rob him) then spend the time following the maps as the reward at the end of it is pretty good.

Cool thanks, I’ve been chasing down people who owe money to Strauss which has been useful for cash for the camp too.

So I completed the main storyline on RDR2 on Friday night (only at 75% complete so it crept up on me without me realising), and am now at the Epilogue. Was away all weekend so haven't started the Epilogue yet.

As for the main storyline, without giving too much away - I finished with a low honour rating (mainly due to looting dead bodies and robbing people) even though I made the 'honourable decision' in a lot of the main storylines where you have a couple of options to choose from. So that gave me a particular ending. I understand there are 4 possible endings, depending on your honour level and a decision you make right at the end.

The story is fucking fantastic. Genuinely got a bit of a lump in my throat towards the very end. I won't say anymore as I'm aware a lot of you won't be as far in, but it's worth doing as many of the 'white' missions as possible and taking it all in - as some of those missions disappear if the main 'yellow' storyline progresses too far. Saying that, even though I am now at the epilogue, there is still so much to do in the game. It's hands down the best game I have played in a very, very long time.

Please don't spoil it as you say! I am only two missions into chapter 2 and I am going VERY slowly.

How many hours have you put into it, Jinks?

I'm absolutely nowhere near the end - I've not even uncovered half of the map yet.

I've not been on for about a week as Sea of Thieves has taken up some of my time but I'll go back to it this week I think.

Wouldn't like to guess how many hours I've done (does it record it somewhere?).

Dunno - have you checked Rockstar Social Club? Might have it on there.

Xbox game pass is down to £1 for a month as a black Friday offer.

Yes - although it also runs a lot smoother and quicker than the One S, it's not worth upgrading unless you've the 4k to fully appreciate it.

So succumbed to the Black Friday temptress and bought a 55" Hisense 4K TV and an Xbox One X. Currently transferring all my games from my old Xbox to the new one. It's taking a while...

Fuck me. Three hours to get a perfect panther pelt.

So close to the legendary satchel now though.

I have received two RDR2 Official Guides for Christmas.

If anyone wants one of them, just pm me with your name and address. Happy to send it on trust if you could then refund my postage ( it is quite heavy!) and make a small donation to Bloodwise, the blood cancer charity.

First come, first served!

Does anyone know what the new Assassins Creed game is like?

Apparently it's amazing. The best of the series. Not played it myself mind you, I've not got past Unity yet so I'm WAY behind.

Back