• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

seems to be the general response. :icon_lol:

Four colors is too many for me.

I'd have gone all out if I went that route, every piece different.

I've sat and made loads of ones on Xbox like a saddo

cause it's fun to make your own.

ordered one.

I didn't buy FIFA 18 and I'm thrilled to have broken the habit. It's like I can finally enjoy other games.

Yeah I remember you saying you were glad after a few of us were saying it's shit this year (online). Still, I will buy and it and play online - at least I'll get to play with Wolves in the prem [quietly] if we don't fuck it up.

Why not just buy an off the shelf one?
cause it's fun to make your own.

ordered one.

I suppose you're limited on the shelf and you can create one that no one else will have. I have 3 or 4 Xbox 360 pads that I took apart and rebuilt myself with fancy colours. All bought from eBay of course. Was a right faff though - making it on your xbox and clicking order is much easier!

I just don't see the point, it doesn't gain anything over a standard one.

Does there need to be a point? Ever bought an item of clothing just because it looks nice?

Well I wouldn't buy clothes purely on aesthetics, they'd still need to be functional and comfortable first and foremost, though I may prefer one item to another on it's appearance. That's a bit different though isn't it?

Unless you wear your console controllers on a chain as an accessory?

You never buy clothes purely on how they look?

Never bought a pair of trainers purely on how they look? Always buy them for training in?

Ever bought a car with coloured paint?

The coloured controller is exactly an aesthetic purchase and that's why people buy it.

You never buy clothes purely on how they look?

Never bought a pair of trainers purely on how they look? Always buy them for training in?

Ever bought a car with coloured paint?

The coloured controller is exactly an aesthetic purchase and that's why people buy it.
Not purely no, that'd be stupid, functionality and comfort are both far more important than aesthetics for clothes and footwear. Sure I've bought something from one place rather than another because I prefer how it looked but it still had to serve a purpose and fit properly for me to even consider it.

I've bought plenty of horrendous looking football boots in my time because they're a purely functional thing for me, I find what's most comfortable for me and buy them in whichever design is cheapest at the time.

I just can't see the need colouring in something like a console controllers that presumably never leaves the house, probably sits in a drawer or cupboard out of sight for majority of the time. It's there for functionality so why bother with the different colours? I imagine that customisation comes at a cost too.

Why have a coloured car then?

The controller does fulfill function first, aesthetics second.

Why have a coloured car then?

The controller does fulfill function first, aesthetics second.
I can go and pick up something from Asda, presumably cheaper, that does exactly the same thing as the coloured controller. Why pay more and wait longer for something that offers no practical benefit?

I don't go car shopping looking for a particular colour, I decide on what car I want and the colour is very much a secondary issue. If I was buying second hand I'd be looking at plenty of other factors before the colour, buying brand new you haven't got much choice but to pick your favourite.

If aesthetics matter to people, then expect them to pay a bit more to have things look good or how they want.

Seems reasonable to me. I like having a nice looking car (to me anyway) so I pay extra for a superior sportier model.

At least a car gets seen, how often do you sit and admire your Xbox controller? You don't even look at them while you're using them!

I've never argued with their freedom to choose, people can do whatever the fuck they want with their cash.

What I questioned was why?

Back