• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

My 2 mates were on the pre Alpha list as one of them works on the game. They said it'll be no good for 1/2 players but hilarious for several. Just not sure it'll last long for 55 quid...

I like the sound of firing yourself out a cannon onto an enemy ship though.

Just found my old PS3 gathering dust in the cupboard.

Plugged it in and found a copy of Red Dead Redemption on it.

I decided to play it just for 10 minutes (that was at 9am this morning...its now 1pm).

Good job I'm off work!

Looks like I'm going to have to play it all the way through in preparation for RDR2.

My 2 mates were on the pre Alpha list as one of them works on the game. They said it'll be no good for 1/2 players but hilarious for several. Just not sure it'll last long for 55 quid...

I like the sound of firing yourself out a cannon onto an enemy ship though.

£55??! It's £40 in most places. Definitely looks like one to play with friends. Or - if you're Quirk - friend.

*£50
That's on the store btw. Haven't had a disc in yonks.

LMFAO... Amazon have it at £38 btw.

I'm holding off on pre-ordering and will wait for initial impressions. In the meantime, I need to work on my CoD loving geek friends to stop playing on WW2 (which I refused to buy due to the shitness of the beta).

I actually played Prop Hunt on COD last night and three hours later. What a great addition to the game, so much fun (Im actually crap at the real multiplayer game)

A long video - not watched it all - but by crikey it looks like a laugh.

Stopped playing CoD. Thought it was quite good overall and I got pretty good at it. But the quick scopes man... Just ruins the fun.

Stopped playing CoD. Thought it was quite good overall and I got pretty good at it. But the quick scopes man... Just ruins the fun.

Yeah it was the quick scoping that was the final straw on the beta. That and the needlessly OTT pace. Not a patch on Battlefield 1.

I think I’ve finally exhausted all of Horizon: zero dawn and the frozen wilds dlc, going on 65 hours I think by the end. What a brilliant game, loved every second of it.

Resisting the urge to start new game plus as I have the new uncharted to play now!

I've barely touched Horizon: Zero Dawn. Which is crazy as the few hours I did play were brilliant. Likewise The Last of Us. And I've not finished Uncharted 4. Or Witcher 3. Or CoD: Infinite Warfare's campaign. I've not even completed Zelda yet!

I need to stop buying games as I've SO much left to finish. But I wouldn't have a clue how to get back into any of the above games as it's been ages since I played them - I just don't get time at the moment as single parenting is exhausting and by the time they're in bed, I just stick the telly on and veg.

I've barely touched Horizon: Zero Dawn. Which is crazy as the few hours I did play were brilliant. Likewise The Last of Us. And I've not finished Uncharted 4. Or Witcher 3. Or CoD: Infinite Warfare's campaign. I've not even completed Zelda yet!

I need to stop buying games as I've SO much left to finish. But I wouldn't have a clue how to get back into any of the above games as it's been ages since I played them - I just don't get time at the moment as single parenting is exhausting and by the time they're in bed, I just stick the telly on and veg.

You need to turn into those 1 game dads that I hear about, Just have that 1 game that you play for ages when you get a chance and then move on! Tbh I have a decent amount of free time and I still struggle, I have 4/5 decent length games I haven’t touched yet and still desperately want a Switch with Zelda and Mario.

Add to that all the tv shows I want to get through as well!

Getting Sky hasn't helped! All that live football, and as I've got box sets I've been binging on those for ages.

I know if I get back into one of my leftover games, I'll stay with it and finish it. I've got HUNDREDS of hours of gameplay to get through yet.

I bought FM18 and played maybe 3 hours worth, need to get back to it. Also need to get the new Wolfenstein going. The past month I've been sucked into an early access game called They Are Billions.

I know most here are not PC gamers but an upcoming Final Fantasy port has had its recommended specs revealed and they're asking for a fucking 1080ti. That's a fucking $800 GPU at absolute best. That's fucking absurd.

can't imagine what FF would need a 1080ti for, surely having a laugh.

been having DoA problems with the 2nd hgst drive but otherwise part 1 of my new build is complete; been using it for 2 weeks now and things are running great. recycled the 1070, cpu AiO, and fans from my previous build.

part 2 will consist of an nvidia ampere upgrade, fractal R6 in white, and full custom watercooling loop. hopefully in the summer (release the damn card, nvidia!), hence the $30 case housing the $3000 worth of components for the time being. :icon_lol:

ePMbint.jpg

Fucking hell. I think I've just ruined my own monitor by spaffing at the sight of all that.

Lemme know how those Deskstar HDDs work for you. I'm needing a new one but I've heard that that line is quite noisey.

Yeah it's quite the setup. I normally buy mid-tier parts, but I allowed myself to waste money building a fuck-off top-of-the-line my-epeen-is-huge system this time around. it would've had a 1080ti if prices hadn't skyrocketed, but since cryptocurrency has the market upside down I'll wait for ampere.

My Qnap has been using HGST 5TB drives for years, no problems with noise really. These ones I'll occasionally hear, but they're 2 feet away with the side off my case, and I've had DoA's, so will see how they act once everything is settled. I'm sure they'll be fine. I've got a few drives for sale actually, if you want something on the cheap! ;)

Currently enjoying a bit of Wii nostalgia. Soft modded it yesterday and currently getting a 1tb catalogue of games.

Back