• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Yeah Im a big career mode fan. It's so disappointing the way EA has almost turned their backs on it. They only want people playing it online now.

The budget system in Career mode is still flawed, as in: get promoted to PL, finish 5th and get 100 million for example, yet the Board will only give you 20 million to spend.

They've made it so that you can only get a decent budget when you buy a Financial Takeover.

What do you mean by proper Molineux next year?

It was absolutely shite when it came out, it improved with an update, it then went backwards again (badly), but I'm happy with it now to be honest. I only play Career and it keeps me entertained.

Yeah Im a big career mode fan. It's so disappointing the way EA has almost turned their backs on it. They only want people playing it online now.

The budget system in Career mode is still flawed, as in: get promoted to PL, finish 5th and get 100 million for example, yet the Board will only give you 20 million to spend.

They've made it so that you can only get a decent budget when you buy a Financial Takeover.

Yeah it's not exactly realistic like that. But I suppose Wolves aren't very realistic this season! I had the objective of signing 2 youth players, improving their stats by 10 and then playing them 10 times. Didn't even get as far as improving them by 10 points - I guess I should actually do the training drills rather than simulating them.

My absolute pet hate is not being able to sign loan players at the end of their loans. No option to buy Leo, Jota, Boly et al. Really annoying.

What do you mean by proper Molineux next year?

All Premier League teams have their actual stadiums.....

Yeah it's not exactly realistic like that. But I suppose Wolves aren't very realistic this season! I had the objective of signing 2 youth players, improving their stats by 10 and then playing them 10 times. Didn't even get as far as improving them by 10 points - I guess I should actually do the training drills rather than simulating them.

My absolute pet hate is not being able to sign loan players at the end of their loans. No option to buy Leo, Jota, Boly et al. Really annoying.

All Premier League teams have their actual stadiums.....

Ah, of course.... thought maybe EA had announced a Next Gen of Stadiums or something. The fans have been screaming for that on EA forums for ages now.

yeah, Molineux should look class next season with the PL flag hoisted up!

They could even make the North Bank start to empty with 10 minutes to go for added realism. #bantz #lolz #dullesttwitterargumentever

Found FIFA is shite this season. Coming from a heavy online player (usually, long stopped it for this season). Don't really play offline.

Tinfoil hat time but they don't give 2 shits about any mode but FUT. FUT makes them billions. Career mode, Pro Clubs (what me and my friends also usually played have all stopped) don't make them any extra income. Barely gets a look in.

I can officially confirm that Assassins Creed origins is a fantastic game. The plot is tremendous and there are LOADS of side missions to enjoy as well.

I can officially confirm that Assassins Creed origins is a fantastic game. The plot is tremendous and there are LOADS of side missions to enjoy as well.
Is it true that there's less detective/stalker stuff in that one? I fell Assassin's Creed ages ago but those were my favorite bits from the first two.

Not a lot of sneaking really. Lots and lots of tomb raiding, which is very cool indeed.

If any of you play on PC there is a side scrolling puzzle game called Inside, its brilliant! Its quite atmospheric and creepy but really gripping. It costs about 7 quid, I got a deal for that and the first game Limbo, which is also really good.

Anybody dabble in emulation. Ive just started on an Nvidia Shield with Amiga...

There’s still an Amiga 600 at my parents house that I still play from time to time! Never tried emulation though.

Also my brother bought me an N64 with goldeneye for Christmas, it’s like 1997 all over again!

I have a program called Retroarch on my laptop which is like a front end for all the different emulators.

No idea how you do it on stuff like Nvidia Shield though.

in FIFA 18 I played the career mode with Hunter and thought it was fun. gameplay isn't much different you're right, but I'm still enjoying playing the odd game here and there all the same.

emulation wise I've got an raspberry pi set up with everything up to dreamcast on it. :D

I know most here are not PC gamers but an upcoming Final Fantasy port has had its recommended specs revealed and they're asking for a fucking 1080ti. That's a fucking $800 GPU at absolute best. That's fucking absurd.

I watched some streams of the Sea of Thieves beta last night. It looks insanely good fun. Not much content on the beta, but as long as they keep things fresh (a lot more content will be in the main game with content added sporadically), this could be an absolute classic.

Just need to get my Xbox friends off Call of Duty!

Quirk - you said you were going to play the beta. Have you? If so, what's it like to play?

I havent had chance to play it, my mate has been offline so I've not bothered sailing alone its very hard to play solo.

FFS man, be sociable and talk to new people!!

Back