• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Haven't touched it for ages. First FIFA I haven't played FUT all year. Trash

They've released another update so I've played it again tonight.

I've won 11-3, 9-2 and 7-1 on world class and I'm really not very good. Hilarious stuff.

Sounds like I picked a good year to break that habit. First one since 11 I didn't preorder.

Sea of Thieves out on March 20th 2018. I have been playing the techincal Alpha and I can assure you this game is brilliant. Hopefully some added features are added for when I play the main beta version in the new year..

I really like the look of Sea of Thieves. Is the gameplay quite varied, Quirk?

Single player is a no no, they may take that out of the finished game as you really need mates to crew the ship. Need a crew for the wheel to navigate, the sails, the crows nest. Yes its that expansive. The game play I played was really fun, looting other players ships, you can buy all manner of stuff (Only a few things were unlocked at the time) Didnt explore the full map that was on offer, but the islands I did visit were very large and took a while to get road. The Techical Alpha was limited but what was on offer was brilliant. Im sure the Beta version will be bigger. Well worth the money when released for me.

Sea of Thieves out on March 20th 2018. I have been playing the techincal Alpha and I can assure you this game is brilliant. Hopefully some added features are added for when I play the main beta version in the new year..

Cheers. My mate wants us all to get it. Sounds like will be fun

Still the best game ever made for me. I know Zelda is considered a new level but Skyrim is just so damn epic.

Skyrim in VR is just something else. I jumped out my skin and screamed like a girl when a sabre cat jumped up behind me.

Any deals for The Nintendo Switch I really want to play Zelda especially with the new DLC thats out, Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart. Not bothered one bit about the other games, I only want to play Nintendo's own games on the system.

Since it's still so new you may not get any worthwhile discounts on the Switch this year.

Played through Everyone's Gone to the Rapture this weekend, absolutely loved it!

Played through Everyone's Gone to the Rapture this weekend, absolutely loved it!

Really?! A lot of my mates said it was slow and boring.

I’m absolutely loving Fortnite. For a free game you can’t beat it!

Really?! A lot of my mates said it was slow and boring.

I’m absolutely loving Fortnite. For a free game you can’t beat it!

Yeah I thought it was really good! It has some issues with pacing and can be frustrating with some game play aspects but if you like slow paced, plot driven games it's interesting. Plus I got it free on PS+ a while ago, think I'd like it less if I'd paid for it!

Skyrim in VR is just something else. I jumped out my skin and screamed like a girl when a sabre cat jumped up behind me.

My Vive is still sitting in its box! I haven't been able to make up my mind for my PC system so still waiting to figure out which parts to order.

Have you played FO4 yet, by chance? I will play Skyrim at some point, but I'm much more interested in FO4 and Doom. Doom was intense enough in 2D, I can only imagine in full VR! gahhhh can't wait to plaayyy

My Vive is still sitting in its box! I haven't been able to make up my mind for my PC system so still waiting to figure out which parts to order.

Have you played FO4 yet, by chance? I will play Skyrim at some point, but I'm much more interested in FO4 and Doom. Doom was intense enough in 2D, I can only imagine in full VR! gahhhh can't wait to plaayyy

Good luck with your PC, mate. These crypto-currencies have GPU prices at ridiculous levels.

Haven’t played fallout 4 as it’s not on PSVR yet.

Good luck with your PC, mate. These crypto-currencies have GPU prices at ridiculous levels.

Yeah kind of a bummer. I'm getting a 1080ti though, so I've just resigned myself to sucking it up and paying more than usual. Normally when building I stick to the upper-middle tier where a lot of value is, but this time I'm going balls to the wall. Already have a delidded 8700k, 32gb pc3600 RGB ram, 1TB 960 Pro, K95 kb, powermat mouse, and additional 8TB HD (on top of my current 10tb). also grabbing high end asus mobo, prob upgrade my sound card, etc.

My bigger issue is I keep flopping on whether or not I want to do full water cooling. Or if I want to do soft or hard tubing. Or single or dual loop. Or no wait I'll just air cool. No wait water. OK fine water but a really basic build. But no if I'm gonna do it better do it right. Ahh nevermind I'll just use air... NO WAIT.

This has been going on for about a month.

Last edited:
Back