• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Brought a switch love it, Mario Kart & Oddssey are amazing dissappointed by Zelda

looking forward to playing fallout 4 in VR in a month :)

About to give Skyrim the annual "maybe it'll catch me this time" treatment.

I'll report back if it still bores me or not.

Update:

Literally hit a game breaking bug during the opening scene. Maybe it's just not meant to be.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is out today - but I refuse to buy it due to the disgraceful progression system and the inclusion of 'loot boxes'. If you don't know what those are, it's basically paying real money in order to get extra items to enable you to level up quicker. Which will 'save' you hours and hours of gaming time.

Erm, sorry - but fuck that. If you spend £50 on a game, you shouldn't then have to fork out extra just to unlock extra stuff. Especially when that stuff is important to the overall experience, especially when you're basically paying more to get better quickly. You'd essentially be getting wiped out in the game by someone who just so happens to have paid more money than you rather than someone who is just better at the game and has invested more time in playing it.

Extra paid DLC is one thing and I can accept those to a certain extent, but loot boxes are a disgraceful idea when stuck on the end of a full priced AAA title. Especially one which WILL sell well regardless of how good the game actually is. Because it's Star Wars.

The PR they've had as a result of this has been terrible - and so they've temporarily removed all 'microtransactions' from the game. The day it comes out. Oops. But they've said they're going to return once they've done some 'balancing' so this particular move isn't good enough.

I might have the Star Wars biscuit tin, slippers, stickers on lightswitches, mug at work, calendar and be a total nerd when it comes to the franchise, but I'm not buying this game until they completely remove the loot boxes, or at least change what they unlock (bonus skins etc is fine). Greedy cunts.

Was going to get this nearer Christmas when my Son is back up so he can take over the xbox for the week. So do the loot boxes mean you can't 100% the game without spending extra?

(I've lost my xbox at the moment after the wife purchased Sims 4)

Was going to get this nearer Christmas when my Son is back up so he can take over the xbox for the week. So do the loot boxes mean you can't 100% the game without spending extra?

(I've lost my xbox at the moment after the wife purchased Sims 4)

You can - but you will have to spend hours and hours grafting away to unlock stuff. Basically, you earn credits from every match you play. You can save up these credits to unlock various perks (new guns, abilities, that kind of thing).

I don't know if you played the first Battlefront game, but across the levels there were icons that if you got one would give you a perk for a limited amount of time. One was the 'hero' icon. Which was ace - pretty rare (sometimes you could play for several hours before getting one), but if you got it you got to play as a mega powerful character (if you're a good guy it was Luke, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Leia etc and The Emperor, Vader, Boba Fett etc if you're a baddie). This time, they've set EACH hero a credits limit to unlock. As well as a level limit. So you might need to reach level 20 before you can unlock Princess Leia for example. BUT only if you have enough credits.

People have worked out that you would need to play for 40 hours to unlock Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader. 40 hours! And then you can only unlock one of them. So play for another 40 hours to get the other. And so on.

OR - you can buy an in game currency called crystals for real money in order to get credits and unlock these perks earlier.

If that's not clear, have a read of this. Which is also mega confusing and not clear either - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...star-wars-battlefront-2-loot-crates-at-launch

If that's not all, you might think you could go offline and accrue credits via the arcade mode (which is the same game but playing the AI rather than other people). Nope - you can only earn a small amount of credits per day this way before you have to wait until the next day. Oh and you have to be online to do it.

Part of the attraction with the first Battlefront was that you could pick it up and drop into a game without having any massive disadvantage (other than skill - which is fair enough). It seems that they've gone to the other extreme now. You need a ridiculous amount of game time or a lot more money after shelling out £50 in the first place. And I'm sure the inevitable DLC won't be free either.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is out today - but I refuse to buy it due to the disgraceful progression system and the inclusion of 'loot boxes'. If you don't know what those are, it's basically paying real money in order to get extra items to enable you to level up quicker. Which will 'save' you hours and hours of gaming time.

Erm, sorry - but fuck that. If you spend £50 on a game, you shouldn't then have to fork out extra just to unlock extra stuff. Especially when that stuff is important to the overall experience, especially when you're basically paying more to get better quickly. You'd essentially be getting wiped out in the game by someone who just so happens to have paid more money than you rather than someone who is just better at the game and has invested more time in playing it.

Extra paid DLC is one thing and I can accept those to a certain extent, but loot boxes are a disgraceful idea when stuck on the end of a full priced AAA title. Especially one which WILL sell well regardless of how good the game actually is. Because it's Star Wars.

The PR they've had as a result of this has been terrible - and so they've temporarily removed all 'microtransactions' from the game. The day it comes out. Oops. But they've said they're going to return once they've done some 'balancing' so this particular move isn't good enough.

I might have the Star Wars biscuit tin, slippers, stickers on lightswitches, mug at work, calendar and be a total nerd when it comes to the franchise, but I'm not buying this game until they completely remove the loot boxes, or at least change what they unlock (bonus skins etc is fine). Greedy cunts.

Personally I'd rather have it that way than the alternative of some content being purely pay-to-access.

If someone wants to spunk a load of extra money on something just to 'save time' but you can get to exactly the same position as them just through putting the hours in then I'd have no issue, they might get a headstart and fuck with you for a while but there's no barrier to parity long term. I think that's better than having certain items that are completely unavailable unless you're willing to put extra cash in, that's where the extra money gives you an unassailable advantage.

This made me giggle. #nerdhumour

23559848_1963779067215366_6230505624128890116_n.jpg

I'm glad EA are getting a hammering. Robbing bastards.

I believe you can 100% it. Something that might take 2 mins with P2W will take 40 hours play time.

Loot boxes are everywhere now, unfortunately it’s just a fact of modern gaming. I’m ok with them if people are spending money to get superficial rewards - such as skins or emotes on Destiny for example but when it affects the way you play a game or how good you can be at it then it sucks.

P2W loot boxes will go away at this rate. Don't forget that paid multiplayer DLC has decreased severely over the last few years. Loot boxes may seem ubiquitous now but if they keep causing this kind of furor publishers will try different (hopefully better) methods.

Loot boxes should be fucked off same with the ability to buy packs on fifa with real money. Should have to play the games consistantly to earn the better packs and players

Ordered a PS4 Pro and VR yesterday. Looking forward to going back into Skyrim in VR.

Ordered a PS4 Pro and VR yesterday. Looking forward to going back into Skyrim in VR.

I played super hot VR at my cousins house last week, it was a lot of fun and very impressive. I did almost break some stuff in his house while dodging bullets though!

I’m wondering if my gaming is going like my music. I like what I like but it is all older stuf.

I’m playing Gothic (2003) on the PC
Jade Empire (2006?) on my iPad.
Skyrim (2011) on my PS4

And I’m listening to best of the 80’s Radio!!

I’m getting to be a sad old man...but I dont care!

Belgium's Minister of Justice has ruled that Battlefront 2's loot boxes are gambling and is pushing for EU legislation to make them illegal.

I played super hot VR at my cousins house last week, it was a lot of fun and very impressive. I did almost break some stuff in his house while dodging bullets though!

I didn't realize SH had VR!

I am definitely going to be breaking things in my room in a few weeks then, once my system is built.

Back