• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I didn't realize SH had VR!

I am definitely going to be breaking things in my room in a few weeks then, once my system is built.

Ha, it’s amazing how much you forget where you are, I turned my head one way and saw a bullet about to hit and basically dived out of the way into a table

Not a massive CoD fan, but have given that a shot. Can't go wrong for that price. Cheers Langers.

No worries. I'd have bought the CoD 4 campaign on its own for that!

Playing the latest Cod at the minute, online, no interest in campaign mode. It's quite fun, no silly stuff which I hear has been in the last few. Re-found my shooting boots and doing OK on it.

Played the beta for CoD WW2 and it was diabolical so I was never going to be buying the full game. A real shame as I was hoping a return to the WW2 setting would have helped the series but it's as bad as ever, quick scopers everywhere, stupidly overpowered shotguns and it's way too fast.

It's not a patch on BF1.

Ah yes. Other than the quick scopers I have to say**. I shouldn't be losing a close quarters shotgun V sniper fight should I... Think they would piss off too many hyped up teenagers though if they changed it.

And I wouldn't say the shotguns are OP tbh. Constant hit markers and 3 of them can barely get a one shot kill.

If anyone here catches the hype on Doki Doki Literature Club, please listen to me when I say you should not play it if you are faint of heart. In fact, if you just like being happy, don't play it.

It's brilliantly effective but man. My heart hurts.

If anyone here catches the hype on Doki Doki Literature Club, please listen to me when I say you should not play it if you are faint of heart. In fact, if you just like being happy, don't play it.

It's brilliantly effective but man. My heart hurts.

Just had a look at the wiki and then YT as i was intrigued. And the wiki on breaking the fourth wall ha.

Just had a look at the wiki and then YT as i was intrigued. And the wiki on breaking the fourth wall ha.
It's exceptional. And free.

This is the last time I ever accept one of your recommendations, Alan. What a load of shit. Played an hour, it's static graphics and endless amounts of text where you have no input, the music is so poor and so repetitive that it has to go off almost immediately, you're essentially set to being 14 again, talking to 14 year old girls (which means the text is by default 90% drivel, no-one actually liked being 14 in the first place and you feel like a borderline paedophile along the way) and fuck all happens. Dreadful. I can't even say it's one of the worst games I've ever played because it isn't a game. In an hour I had a whole two interactions, neither of which even seemed to matter. N/A/10, if it were a real game I'd give it 0/10.

You need a separate blog to review things like this :icon_lol:

This is the last time I ever accept one of your recommendations, Alan. What a load of $#@!. Played an hour, it's static graphics and endless amounts of text where you have no input, the music is so poor and so repetitive that it has to go off almost immediately, you're essentially set to being 14 again, talking to 14 year old girls (which means the text is by default 90% drivel, no-one actually liked being 14 in the first place and you feel like a borderline paedophile along the way) and $#@! all happens. Dreadful. I can't even say it's one of the worst games I've ever played because it isn't a game. In an hour I had a whole two interactions, neither of which even seemed to matter. N/A/10, if it were a real game I'd give it 0/10.
Someone didn't finish the game...

At any rate, yes, for the most part it's a standard visual novel. But it becomes quite a bit more than that toward the end. But if you don't care for that style, it would be a chore to get that far.

Also for the record, it never gets into the outright creepy sexual stuff that VNs have become infamous for. So, you know. I'm not quite THAT bad.

Why would I finish the game? I spent an hour going from vaguely intrigued, to annoyed, to fuck this.

Nothing happens. It doesn't exactly draw you in. It's awful.

I'm not saying you should! If VNs aren't for you, they aren't for you, even if this one in particular plays on those tropes to rip your heart out at the end. In a sense, the fact that you haven't seemed to pick up on its endgame shows that it's an effective left hook. It's supposed to catch you off guard.

If I hadn't known ahead of time that it's actually a horror game, I'd probably have dropped it despite the hype around it. VNs aren't my usual bag. But I wanted to see just how off the rails things go. IMO it was worth it. It turns into an emotional experience I haven't really had since I played Undertale.

Doesn't mean it's for everyone.

I didn't even know the concept of a visual novel existed.

If it does then this is not a good execution of it.

The opening couple of hours are pretty standard for the genre, tbh. Lots of clicking with minimal choices. Like I said, it's not my usual bag, and I would have put it down if I hadn't already been slightly spoiled for what it does toward the end of the first run.

If you don't want to finish it but are at least mildly interested in why I posted about it in the first place, I would be more than happy to PM you. I'm sorry that I indirectly recommended something to you that elicited such a strong negative reaction!

I haven't seen you go off that strongly on anything since the Deano Days...

The latest FIFA update has absolutely ruined the game. The initial update created an enjoyable game, but the lagging passing, awful touches and standing still flaws are all back in full force. Tremendous work EA.

Back