• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Early 3D games from the PS1/N64 era really haven't aged well at all, I wouldn't bother revisiting Mario 64 now.

True, but graphics aside, Mario still plays really well. The level designs mean it's timeless - it's really not that dissimilar to SM3DW on the Wii U.

It's not like comparing say Goldeneye with more modern FPS games.

Yeah Goldeneye has aged badly. Though stuff like Perfect Dark is still OK as far as the FPS on that console goes.

Banjo Kazooie is still good too.

Yeah Banjo Kazooie was great. As was Diddy Kong Racing.

Goldeneye was probably the most influential FPS ever made, and I played it for hours and hours but I couldn't play it for more than a few minutes now.

Football manager 2018 is out now, don't think I'll bother with wolves though as it looks far too easy - going to try out Hagi' s Romanian team and see how far that goes

Odyssey is very good. Very similar to Mario 64.

I disagree about Mario 64 it still looks quite well for it’s age

It's not so much graphics (it does look ok), it's early 3D controls. They feel horrific if you try playing them now. Even GTA III feels pretty clunky and that came out a good five years after Mario 64.

It's not so much graphics (it does look ok), it's early 3D controls. They feel horrific if you try playing them now. Even GTA III feels pretty clunky and that came out a good five years after Mario 64.

I get what your saying DW especially about GTA III

I've just started playing Gothic again (released 2001) with a small mod.

The controls are ridiculous and the graphics are poor - but after an hour or so you forget about that and remember why it (and Gothic 2) are two of the greatest games of all time.

I found out my Ps1 yesterday damn that 500,000cr rally Focus really was the car to have on the High Speed Ring

Brought a snes mini earlier from Game in Blackpool, nice bit of kit

Duckens' Instagram has been almost entirely him fawning over Mario Odyssey since yesterday. Fair to say he likes it!

The pre-twin stick era of 3D is truly a nightmare to go back to. Metroid Prime is the only non-Halo schemed game I can play and enjoy anymore.

Thinking about getting the Zelda Big Book.....

Sonic Forces, unsurprisingly, getting reviews that are literally all over the place.

Bought a Raspberry Pi on Friday and have had a very enjoyable weekend reliving Sensible World of Soccer, Doom, Duke Nukem, Quakr, Desert Strike, NBA Jam, Commando, CM9798, Mario, Sonic, Lemmings etc.

Installed everything on it myself, rather than getting a pre-installed one, and found it all pretty simple to do, there are literally thousands of games that you can get for it, as long as you have the game originally (!)

Last edited:
Speaking of SWOS - have been playing it occasionally from here: sensiblesoccer.de works very well on the PC.

Back