• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Well - it can if the 'busy work' as you put it is engaging, relevant and adds to the experience!
IMO it doesn't. That's where the repetition in shrines come into play. It's quantity over quality. It's boring, not very fun, and elicits a reaction of "this again??"

IMO it doesn't. That's where the repetition in shrines come into play. It's quantity over quality. It's boring, not very fun, and elicits a reaction of "this again??"

What about the various puzzles within the shrines? Plenty of variety in those - unless it's the ones that you solve the puzzle before entering, so it's basically a stair up to the orb. Or one of the combat shrines. They're similar. Plenty of variety otherwise. What about the different mechanics in the different parts of the worlds?

I think we'll have to agree to disagree, Al!

Slating Zelda to Langers is like slating The Smiths to me. You can feel free to do it, but be prepared that it's not an argument that can ever really be won.

Which are the bad Zelda games, Lynn? I've got to hear this.

I like busy work in RPG's.

I've been doing radiant quests in Skyrim for nearly six years!

I shouldn't be such a dick about it, anyway. I'm too cynical.

Love it all you like, Langers, and more power to you!

Mario Sunshine wasn't great. Ok but not great. I got bored of it very easily. Galaxy was better but still not genius.

The new one looks awesome. Hopefully I'll be playing it tomorrow.

I shouldn't be such a dick about it, anyway. I'm too cynical.

Love it all you like, Langers, and more power to you!

Ha - it's fine not to like it mate. But I couldn't stand back and let what is my all time favourite game get a critical mauling! :icon_lol:

Mario Sunshine wasn't great. Ok but not great. I got bored of it very easily. Galaxy was better but still not genius.

The new one looks awesome. Hopefully I'll be playing it tomorrow.

Sunshine was probably the worst of the 3D Mario games, but I still liked it. I thought Galaxy was incredible, easily the best game to showcase the Wiimotes. I never got around to trying the sequel. SM3DW is back on form too - that's probably the nearest to the original Mario 64 that there's been so far.

Let me know what Odyssey is like if you do get it!

I'd never player any Zelda game ever up until a month ago (I know!) - BotW is now my favourite game ever, it's just magnificent.

I must be strange as I absolutely loved Super Mario Sunshine, one of my favourite games.
Never actually played a Zelda game though cause they just don't appeal to me, not to say they're terrible games though.

I must be strange as I absolutely loved Super Mario Sunshine, one of my favourite games.
Never actually played a Zelda game though cause they just don't appeal to me, not to say they're terrible games though.

Sometimes it depends when you played a game, how old you were etc. There are games I loved that I now know weren’t well received.

I remember enjoying sunshine but Mario 64 is probably my favourite, maybe just due to nostalgia but I completed the DS version too.

I think I need to buy a switch

Mario 64 still plays like a dream. Sure, it looks a bit dated now but it's still brilliant.

I think I need to buy a Switch too but I really can't afford one right now. And I've already got 3 consoles - a 4th is just greedy!!

Sometimes it depends when you played a game, how old you were etc. There are games I loved that I now know weren’t well received.

I remember enjoying sunshine but Mario 64 is probably my favourite, maybe just due to nostalgia but I completed the DS version too.

I think I need to buy a switch

You make a good point there, I can't remember how old I was when I played it, I don't think I was that old anyway.

I don't think I ever played Mario 64 at all, I'd like to play some of the older Mario games.

I'm the same, I want one but unsure whether I'd use it.

Mario World on the SNES and Mario 64 are by far the best two IMO.

Link To The Past on SNES and Ocarina Of Time as far as Zelda goes.

I wouldn't want to compare the 2D and 3D versions of Mario TBH. But you've probably picked the best from each there. Although Mario Maker is superb too.

My 2 favourite Zeldas are BOTW and Wind Waker. Ocarina a very, very close 3rd.

Early 3D games from the PS1/N64 era really haven't aged well at all, I wouldn't bother revisiting Mario 64 now.

It's still fantastic. I played it on an emulator not long back.

Back