• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I despise it. It's still absolutely riddled by the chronic Fifa "oh I'll just stand still and wait for the ball to arrive at my feet" flaw that's ruined it for years.

Haven't bought it since 15, and now I remember why. Pish.

I despise it. It's still absolutely riddled by the chronic Fifa "oh I'll just stand still and wait for the ball to arrive at my feet" flaw that's ruined it for years.

Haven't bought it since 15, and now I remember why. Pish.
I really don't think you're playing it right tbh :icon_lol: That just doesn't happen!

Had a few games with Mini Langers earlier. I think the top teams are WAY too overpowered as we found out with a 5-5 draw between Real Madrid and Barcelona but for the lesser sides it plays really nicely.

It's why I don't really bother playing online. The very best teams/players seem unstoppable so give me a career mode any day.

It does happen, had it done to me a few times on Squad Battles earlier. Really annoying as when you're on Legendary the CPU tend to take advantage of any bloody mistakes.

It happens all the time. Quick counter attack? Na, you're alright I'll stand still and wait for the ball to arrive so any momentum is killed off.

Andy Lonergan seems to have been doing the development for keepers too.

Defending is not broken, they've just turned auto defending off so it's harder.

Once you get used to it it's actually fine, I think I'm better defending this year than last year.

I just always end up on Ultimate Team find offline stuff boring really!

I think I will be going for pro evo this year. The demo just seems more fun and satisfying to play!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is Seabass still in charge of PES? I haven't bought one for donkeys years.

Loving Pro Clubs on FIFA. It's received a bit of an update for once. The gameplay also feels better than Ultimate Team to me. Our little team is doing quite well

Also Cuphead. Hard game but it's really cool. I like it. Recently came out, about £17 on the Xbox store. Has online/couch co-op too.

I'm toying with buying a console again as I'm now single and bored. HAd 360 before so will naturally think xbone, but what's the general consensus on PS4 vs xbone these days? Also previously only ever played FIFA and golf games, so will probably want to try some new stuff, but it all looks so fucking confusing. Tried Skyrim and it was just too much for my tiny brain tbh, and I got stuck after a few hours and couldn't figure out how to start the next challenge or whatever

Bought Skyrim digitally and played it once. Every single person I know who have a console bar 2 (who I like to rip), have Xbox. I'm told... PS4 is better for "exclusives". I.E the odd decent game that won't also be on Xbox.

A big positive of Xbox is being able to "share" digital games with another person. Perhaps ask people you know if anyone needs someone to share with? Then you can rob all their games and maybe buy 1 to start with, to make it kinda fair.

Bought a PS4 after arriving in the same predicament, Del. Also moved from a 360, having preferred the PS4 to the Xbox having played on a few of my mates. Can't believe how small the console is.

I'd probably just get a Switch tbh, Del. Sony and Microsoft have really let the software side of things slip up this generation.

Although if you really are set on one of the PS4 or Xbox, IMO it has to be the PS4 simply because that gets you access to Bloodborne. I know that that seems counter to my original statement but seriously, outside of Bloodborne I can't think of a single first party game on either system that makes me excited to play.

Ooooo. Can of worms that one. The old... Xbox sticks are in the right place and PS feels weird ;)

I've got a PS4 and a XB1. As with every generation, there's nothing much between them and comes down to personal preference. Same with exclusive titles.

I've got more friends on XBL so I play that more and would choose that if I had to pick between the 2 but they're both awesome.

Case in point - I think the XB controller is way better than the PS4's!

Agreed on the controller - that's been the most difficult change to get used to!

I'm very happy with my ps4, your best bet is to look at the exclusive games for each and see which you think you would prefer. For me, having the uncharted series and the last of us, horizon zero dawn and the last guardian makes the PS4 a no brainer.

I have always been XBox. Never tried the PS4. Some of the exclusive titles make me occasionally wish I had both to be fair!

I’m very happy with my Ps4, the only game I’d want off Xbone is Forza

Got an xbone in the end, surprisingly cheap, £100 with five old games and controller. Will wait a bit to buy fifa 18 when it comes down a bit, but got ea membership which means I can play 17,and Rory's pga game for only £4 per month which has suited me. Got battlefront, halo, and a few others I can't remember with it, only tried battlefront so far, it's good fun!

Back