• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Was anyone on here able to get the European SNES Classic when it released (apparently it was branded as the Nintendo Classic Mini: SNES in Europe)?

Last edited:
That is correct Alan, I brought mine for £80 and traded it into CEX for £90 cash.

Can you just use a Raspberry Pi?

I gotta say this suggestion really offends me. ROMs aren't particularly legal, buddy.

What kind of jerk would go out of their way to buy hardware, buy and customize a case, compile a linux distro for hosting games, and then load it with games they don't own??

I gotta say this suggestion really offends me. ROMs aren't particularly legal, buddy.

What kind of jerk would go out of their way to buy hardware, buy and customize a case, compile a linux distro for hosting games, and then load it with games they don't own??

Someone who thinks playing knackered old games is a trifle odd, but doing the hacking and building is more interesting :)

Someone who thinks playing knackered old games is a trifle odd, but doing the hacking and building is more interesting :)

I'm sorry but I just can't agree with you on this. You should be ashamed.

86CwnWG.jpg

0qhjTre.jpg

mFtkUIM.jpg

G6OjU4N.jpg

7BwcDjS.jpg

I'm sorry I just can't agree with you on this. You should be ashamed.

86CwnWG.jpg

0qhjTre.jpg

mFtkUIM.jpg

G6OjU4N.jpg

7BwcDjS.jpg
Awesome! Is that retroplayer in kodi in the last image? Messed around with it for ages, but could be bothered in the end, especially as I retired all my RPi now - I have a proper graveyard going on now, might be worth something one day!

it's actually just a prebuilt distro of RetroPie, which I believe is emulation station (what's in the pic) stacked on Raspbian? there are some other pieces too but that's the meat of it.

I built that for my friend for his birthday. I bought us some rpi3's later (doesn't need the dongles like this one did), still need to set my own up. barely have had time to play my brand new VR system though, let alone to kick it old school with a pi.

Ah, I think retropie as retro player is rolled into libreelec on the PI now, gives a nice front end for media and games. I always enjoyed the challenge of getting it all working, but outside of MK64 I don't think I really enjoyed playing many of the old games.

I have definitely spent more time building these systems than playing with them; that was my 3rd(?) build.

There are a number of games that I would still enjoy playing, but I'm not going to spend hours reliving the sega master system. it's a fun thing to plug in and have fun with with other people who grew up with games though. the BiL's and I had some fun with them when I first built them, just scrolling through various games and kinda having a buffet of nostalgia.

having said that, bubble bobble may still be the greatest game ever made. :D

Forgot all about bubble bobble! Might give it a try, I have most emulators working on the nvidia shield, bit easier to get it all set up than a Pi.

It's only really Nintendo who still consider their roms of old games illegal. They shouldn't really as they're so old now but Nintendo gonna be Nintendo.

It's only really Nintendo who still consider their roms of old games illegal. They shouldn't really as they're so old now but Nintendo gonna be Nintendo.
Well now with the classic consoles out they actually have a reason to go after ROMs. But the worst they've ever done is issued C&D orders. I don't know of them pressing any charges.

Nintendo take all ad revenue from speedrunners of there games as well

I mean, they did port and sell the games in the nintendo store, and there are re-releases.

(but really, can't say I'm bothered about the legality of loading a 30 year old game that I'll never play on to my for-the-luls rpi project.)

((IT WAS ALL A SET UP FOR MY JOKE hayooo t3ch does it again what an animal))

Back