• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I didn't really get into the first one and so never bothered going back for any of the other installments.

Seemed to get very repetitive, very quickly. Go to town, climb tower, identify missions (of which there were only 3 types i think?) and then repeat.

Think i went to each of the 3? towns once, seemed alright in a getting to know the game sort of way but then as soon as i revisited one of the towns, more areas had opened up for climbing/discovering, i'd had enough.

That's pretty much what it was - but they massively improved it after the first one, with a lot more variation, more moves etc. The 2nd games was miles better in every single department.

All the Ezio games were excellent, never got into the one based in America, the sea combat annoyed me also. Looking forward to the New one set in France though.

I'm enjoying the game so far but Altair is such a massive cock, it's difficult to want to play as him.

I'm now back playing Assassins Creed: Revelations, after neglecting it for absolutely ages.

I love it. Not much different to AC: Brotherhood but that's no bad thing. I think I'm going to look at getting the Assassins Creed Xbox One bundle when I'm finally able to take the plunge, as you get AC: Black Flag as well as AC: Unity with the package.

The reviews for Unity seem to imply that the fiddly control issues that have blighted the series on many occasions haven't been fixed, but it's basically a bog standard AC game but with incredible visuals. Sold.

Unity and Far Cry 4 are scheduled to arrive on release day. Going to get Sunset Overdrive for micro as well as that looks an ace game.

Unity and Far Cry 4 are scheduled to arrive on release day. Going to get Sunset Overdrive for micro as well as that looks an ace game.

Isn't Sunset Overdrive full of gore and swearing?

It does look good. I really want to get the latest 2 AC games, FIFA, CoD: Advanced Warfare, Sunset Overdrive and Shadow of Mordor. So not a lot then.

Nearly every character swears up a storm, dropping f-bombs like it's going out of style

Perfect for a youngster in Wolverhampton.....

"Fry, you cunting garlic infused pile of spunk!" is apparently uttered on occasions.

The Crew was absolutely dreadful, the story was awful and the car driving mechanics were awful. The only thing the game has going for it is the graphics and how awesome the map is. It honestly takes you an hour to cross the map from LA to New York.

I rate the beta at 4/10

Xbox One Console with Kinect Inc Assassin's Creed Unity + Assassin's Creed 4 + Halo Master Chief Collection XBOX ONE - £399.99

For some reason, having not used Kinect on the Xbox 360, Kinect is being asked for again. Each week there seems to be better deals but when will it stop. Should I take the plunge sooner rather than later?

Xbox One Console with Kinect Inc Assassin's Creed Unity + Assassin's Creed 4 + Halo Master Chief Collection XBOX ONE - £399.99

For some reason, having not used Kinect on the Xbox 360, Kinect is being asked for again. Each week there seems to be better deals but when will it stop. Should I take the plunge sooner rather than later?

There really are some cracking deals becoming available. Right now, I'm tempted not to go with Kinect because there aren't that many games that make full use of it.

I've noticed that the Kinect sold separately doesn't seem to be advertised as much. I wonder if it will be after Christmas? There are numerous bundles available at the moment that are extremely tempting - ShopTo have had some really good deals on.

Will there be better deals between now and Christmas? Twist or stick?

Kinect is pointless. People only use it for occasional voice control nowadays.

It didn't do COD4 any harm. The glitches online were the stuff of legends..

Even I'd be tempted by that.

Xbox one without connect plus unity and black flag is £329 in Tesco and there is a £10 discount code flying around making it £319

I use the kinect to discover how pissed off I can get shouting at the telly to turn the fuck on.

Back