• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I've noticed that. Mad. Think my most was about 250. I too have Far Cry 3 waiting on my list of games to play which currently sits at 16. I've just started Trine 2 which is a lot of fun - a side scrolling, platformy, puzzly, action type game which cost about £2 if I remember correctly.

I bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 last week :icon_lol:

Absolutely superb for just zoning out while some music is playing in the background. The most chilled and compelling game I've played in ages. Got the Going East DLC too, I want to cover the entire map as soon as I can.

Now this would ordinarily make me look sad, but this is a forum of Doctor Who nerds, Lord of the Rings acolytes and heavy metal fans, whatever I do looks ok. I have a free pass.

My FM stats are normally absolutely horrendous as I usually just leave it running in the background as I don't have any other games on my laptop and it doesn't drain its performance at all. I think it clocked over 150 days on 2013!

Incidentally, as I, CD and Booz all own Grid 2, we should do some online stuff.

I bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 last week :icon_lol:

Absolutely superb for just zoning out while some music is playing in the background. The most chilled and compelling game I've played in ages. Got the Going East DLC too, I want to cover the entire map as soon as I can.

Now this would ordinarily make me look sad, but this is a forum of Doctor Who nerds, Lord of the Rings acolytes and heavy metal fans, whatever I do looks ok. I have a free pass.

You buy yourself Farm Simulator and you're definitely losing that status.

I have at times found myself wondering about the truck simulator games and such like though, what do they actually entail? Other than the actual act of driving the truck or piece of farm equipment or whatever, are there any objectives to complete as such? Or do you just drive around aimlessly doing as you please?

With Truck Simulator it comes down to running a proper freight business if you run it properly, you get to be the overlord of traversing Europe as you buy fleets of trucks and hire drivers. I'm not sure I'll get that far tbh.

But generally you just drive from point A to point B. Mind you GTA has a bulk of missions that just do that.

Incidentally, as I, CD and Booz all own Grid 2, we should do some online stuff.

I haven't played GRID 2 for ages but I'm up for that. We'll have to sort out a network FM as well if you want.

With Truck Simulator it comes down to running a proper freight business if you run it properly, you get to be the overlord of traversing Europe as you buy fleets of trucks and hire drivers. I'm not sure I'll get that far tbh.

But generally you just drive from point A to point B. Mind you GTA has a bulk of missions that just do that.

So you start off as a one man and his wagon outfit carting shit around for people? Then presumably upgrade your 'rig' to suit different jobs, take other people on when the workload stacks up, etc.

It does sort of appeal to me on some level, a more half arsed take on endurance races perhaps, think i'd probably lose interest half way across the featureless terrain of the Netherlands though. I remember years back i had some WWII bomber game, sort of thing you'd spend all day Saturday on to fly one mission into Germany, 5 minutes taking off, 4-5 hours of flying through nowhere, inevitably miss the target being an 8 year old bombardier who'd never read the instructions and then another 4-5 hours back home to crash nowhere near the airfield, killing all the crew in the process.

You're a hired gun to kick off, then you buy your first truck, the more XP you get the more you upgrade your licences, like what you can carry and how far.

It's compelling. No jobs are 'difficult' as such but you need to put the hours in.

Loads of mods around so you could theoretically drive from Copenhagen to Johannesburg if you wanted to.

Might see if i can eek out a demo, i'm intrigued now.

Can't see it having much legs for me though, rarely seem to have a full day to myself where i can just sit and play hours of games so that'll probably make some of the longer distance stuff inconveniet.

Come to think of it, i've got no controller for my laptop/PC and never been much of a fan of mouse/keyboard so might be a non-starter.

An FC4 screenshot from PC with settings maxed out on a GTX 970.

2_by_mkiiix-d86rbfw.png

Back on Batman: Arkham Origins. The glue grenades are awesome. :icon_lol:

It's definitely not as good as the previous two games but by crikey it's still bloody good fun. One of my favourite games series.

No-one bought Goat Simulator yet then?!!

Back on Batman: Arkham Origins. The glue grenades are awesome. :icon_lol:

It's definitely not as good as the previous two games but by crikey it's still bloody good fun. One of my favourite games series.
Quickly switching to films, Margot Robbie has apparently been cast as Harley Quinn in DCs upcoming Suicide Squad. Sounds like a perfect bit of casting to me.

Far Cry 4 Kyrat special edition has arrived at paddington towers. Time to download and get fookin stuck in I think.

Back