• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Xbox one without connect plus unity and black flag is £329 in Tesco and there is a £10 discount code flying around making it £319

That's VERY good. Do you have Xbox One AND Ps4 Bandy?

Forum folk: Assassins Creed 3.

Never played it but loving Revelations and I'm not too far from the end. I want to get Black Flag and Unity when I get my xbox one but until then, is 3 worth getting?

I'm assuming I can get it quite cheap as it's fairly old now?

All of them after the first are good games. I don't remember much about 3 but I definitely finished it. IIRC you become a native Indian boy and learn hunting skills. Was decent.

Didn't enjoy 3 and thusly never completed it, I found the main character to be somewhat bland. The American setting did not do it any favours and the less said about the ship sections the better.

Sunset Overdrive is a migraine of a game!! Watching my lad play on this early and I couldn't keep up with what was happening #tooldforthisshit

I guess you're just not "with it" anymore.

Assaisns creed 3 was good for me because I enjoyed learning about the war of independence but it didn't have the right landscapes to make use of the climbing abilities, all the new world cities were too small and spread out. I still enjoyed it though, black flag was much better

Just bought the Far Cry collection on Steam as it's on sale for $10 (includes the first three games + Blood Dragon). Holy Hell is the intro to 3 intense.

It's gorgeous, too. Metro levels of fidelity on a brighter color palate. $10 well spent so far.

I've put about 50 hours into FC3 so far and am nowhere near finishing it, great game.

Can't wait to play GTAV in first person mode.

It'll be like Skyrim with cars and guns!

Bought Far Cry 3 in the summer when it was on offer and have played about 20 minutes so far. It's on my list!

Probably not wise to buy Just Cause 2 last week given the backlog (I must have 20 games that I've barely scratched the surface of) but I couldn't resist at two quid.

Doubtless I'll bite at some more stuff next week in the Steam sale.

Far Cry 3 is a game that keeps giving. 4 should arrive tomorrow here, which I am very excited about playing.

I'll wait until 4 is down to a fiver on Steam.

3 was £3.49 when I got it I think. That's the thing with Steam (or at least the way I use it), as nothing I ever buy ever costs a premium price, I don't have the immediate need to get 'value' out of it. Prices generally drop so quickly as well that anyone buying at or close to premium price for PC games needs their head looking at.

Football Manager last year was an exception (if we're calling £25 'premium') but I hadn't bought one since 2010 and I knew I'd get ridiculous use out of it. I think my gametime is logged at around 290 hours at the moment, and that's with having a two month break in the middle waiting for the real life window to close this summer.

290 hours? Pah, check my hours clocked for FM12 and FM13. It's actually very sad how much life I've 'wasted' on FM since the kids were born (although the FM10 is just plain wrong and FM11 isn't even showing for some reason). Mind you, that's proper value for money.

image.jpg

Back