• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

My gaming laptop died the other day and it's made me realize how pathetically attached to that thing I am. Really shameful.

Just replaying Dragon Age Origins which was been given away for £0.00 this week! Bargain. Great game.

Anyone else got Alien Isolation? Got it for my birthday last weekend, enjoying it, very moody and atmospheric, it looks great, superb sound etc. I've not got far yet, managed to encounter the Alien for the first time: it didn't end well for me...

Paddy has got Alien. He's talked about it a couple of pages back.

Yeah, still play it loads. I seem to find myself on Team Stupid quite frequently! You go on much?

Yeah, it's pretty much the only game i play regularly now to be honest, seem to have got myself stuck in a shit patch at the moment though where i've got a garage full of ineffective tanks that require a shit load of effort to upgrade.

It does seem to go in spells sometimes though, i can play some days for an hour or more without winning a game as the rest of the team do something mental or other times you'll go on a great streak where everything just seems to click.

Yeah, it's pretty much the only game i play regularly now to be honest, seem to have got myself stuck in a shit patch at the moment though where i've got a garage full of ineffective tanks that require a shit load of effort to upgrade.

It does seem to go in spells sometimes though, i can play some days for an hour or more without winning a game as the rest of the team do something mental or other times you'll go on a great streak where everything just seems to click.

Yeah, those bad patches seem to happen a lot! You find yourself on a team who have no clue about working together or all just rush like lemmings in the same direction. Frustrating! If I'm in a rut of bad games I tend to go back to my VK36 to get me out of it, what a fantastic tank that is! That and the JagdPantherII are my favourite tanks to use in the game.

Yeah, those bad patches seem to happen a lot! You find yourself on a team who have no clue about working together or all just rush like lemmings in the same direction. Frustrating! If I'm in a rut of bad games I tend to go back to my VK36 to get me out of it, what a fantastic tank that is! That and the JagdPantherII are my favourite tanks to use in the game.

I've not got to that level yet, just been working my way through buying the cheapest available tank each time there's a space available, think all my current lot are in tier VI with everything below that done. I've had some pigs of tanks stuck with me for ages though, one shit German tank destroyer that looks like a metal shed with a massive gun in it, finally got rid of that the other day and now stuck with some Russian artillery piece that packs a hell of a punch but takes an age to aim so it's worthless 95% of the time.

Almost tempted to get XCOM: Enemy Unknown but I know I'll never get around to playing it :(

If you haven't already got it, you can get it for free just by registering and voting here in at least one category. Just need to do it before midnight tomorrow.

The Evil Within is looking pretty decent so far.

Ordered a laptop with the brand new 8GB GeForce 980m to replaced my dead machine.

Cannot wait for it to arrive, I'm beyond stoked to pull playable frame rates from Metro: Last Light.

I've recently downloaded Metal Slug Defense for my Android phone and I bloody love it! :D:D:D

The GeForce GTX 980m is everything it's cracked up to be and more. I'm pulling 60+ FPS from the Metro titles. Truly unbelievable performance. Money well spent.

Last edited:
GeForce GTX 980m (8GB dedicated RAM)
Intel Core i7-4810MQ @ 2.8-3.8GHz
24GB RAM
1920x1080 LED 60Hz
Windows 8.1
Samsung 830 SSD 256GB
Seagate HDD 1TB @7200 RPM

Those are the relevant specs, anyhow.

Back