• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I'd never even consider it for a console, as said i bought it as a small independantly developed game years and years back.

I think i'd seen some diagramatic walkthrough of building an underwater glass dome somewhere online which had me intrigued, then when i Googled the game and it was that cheap i figured it was worth a punt for some casual problem solving shit like that but then you realise it's not actually problem solving because the game poses no problems, it's just a complete open world with nothing that ever needs to be done, you just wander round doing as much or as little as you like.

I'm with Langers here, I know nothing about it other than lots of people are obsessed with it but it looks terrible and pointless. Each to their own though I guess.

I'm sure I'd much rather enjoy games like Skyrim to wander around doing as much or as little as I'd like!

Quite excited about the weekend as I'm going to a mate's house to play on his Xbox One - he's just got Shadow of Mordor so I'm hoping for a play on that. He's also got Ryse which isn't supposed to be as good but I love Roman stuff so it'll probably appeal to me.

Never understood the hype about Skyrim. Just couldn't get into it.

Not really my kind of thing, but Dragon Age: Origins is free on Origin for the next few days.

I love fantasy games. Just Skyrim never really gave me a reason to care. I dunno. I sank about 7 hours into it without ever truly feeling connected to anything going on.

Really? I was playing it a ridiculous amount. It was like crack.

Maybe witcher 3 may be more up your street when it comes out in February?

Probably. I've heard so many good things about that franchise that it's almost certainly past time I gave it a serious look-in.

Grid 2 is excellent. Well worth getting.

Lots of nice Xbox One bundles around at the moment. So close to affording one.......

Yeah that looks like a very decent deal - but I'm not really that fussed about either of those games TBH.

I've seen several pop up over the past week and I'm wondering whether it might be best to hold out for a while longer (not that I could buy one right now anyway) as the market seems to be uber-competitive as Christmas approaches. I reckon we could see a sub-£300 bundle with a decent game before long.

Almost tempted to get XCOM: Enemy Unknown but I know I'll never get around to playing it :(

It's a fantastic game if you like turn based strategy with a little rpg element to it. It's the only game I've replayed three times as it unlocks different things on each level. I haven't played the expansion pack yet, but by all accounts it takes it to a different level.

It's essentially a table-top game without the hassle of spending the budget of an African country to play it.

Yeah that looks like a very decent deal - but I'm not really that fussed about either of those games TBH.

I've seen several pop up over the past week and I'm wondering whether it might be best to hold out for a while longer (not that I could buy one right now anyway) as the market seems to be uber-competitive as Christmas approaches. I reckon we could see a sub-£300 bundle with a decent game before long.

Could always get the bundle and then flog the games?

Could always get the bundle and then flog the games?

True - assuming they're physical copies as opposed to the downloadable versions that seem to be popular at the moment.

Back