• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

The lotr rings game looks immense! With the festive season coming up I am probably going to get a new console. I have always had an Xbox but I am not sure now which one to go for, especially now you don't have to get the kinnect. Has anyone got any impartial advice?

I'm going for the Xbox One, mainly because most of my friends who have a console have one. As with the PS3/360, there's nothing to separate them really.

The games are pretty much the same and theirs no difference in graphics from what Ive seen plus both systems look good when displayed on a 4k tv

Fair enough, i will probably see what my mates get but swinging towards Xbox. I though the kinnect would be massive this time around but they seem to have lost faith with it now so I doubt I'll bother with it

The games are pretty much the same and theirs no difference in graphics from what Ive seen plus both systems look good when displayed on a 4k tv

Who do you know that has a 4k TV?!

Waste of time unless you're playing it on PC too.

There'll be no difference in a 1080p TV to a 4k TV from any console. The graphics are nowhere near powerful enough to output that kind of resolution, except for still frames maybe.

Plus you'd have to sit really close to a 4k TV to notice the extra res. Or have a massive 60+ inch one.

Plus you'd have to sit really close to a 4k TV to notice the extra res. Or have a massive 60+ inch one.

Those are blooming expensive, the 4k tv's are definitely really nice to watch footy on but the price doesn't justify that their is nothing to watch on them.

Nothing is broadcast in that resolution though. You might as well have 720p if you're watching Sky Sports HD.

Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation, Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed Unity ordered. That is my gaming sorted until Witcher 3 arrived in February.

I've heard that Alien Isolation starts well but becomes really quite shite due to difficulty and repetition.

Which is very disappointing and frustrating if true.

One day, someone will make a decent Aliens game. One day.

It's been getting decent reviews apart from IGN who didn't like it.

I am looking forward to it. Let's face it, if there was ever a film franchise that should make a great game, it is Alien. I live in hope.

Normally I put quite a lot of credence in IGN, so that is a concern. Micro had XBox magazine in the car and one of the headline comments was "make sure you know the area you are in and have multiple escape routes planned before combat explodes". That suggests the gamer is going to be massively outgunned by the Alien, which is obviously true to the franchise, but could make for a frustrating gaming experience.

My mate says it's a game where you are constantly stalked all game. I don't like that as I like to play games at my own pace, not have to panic at random intervals.

Just read the IGN review and that does seem to be the issue. But isn't that exactly what Alien is about? The Xenomorph spent the entire first film stalking Ripley, Lambert and co.

Well yes that's fine if you don't mind playing a game like that. Personally I don't.

Back