• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

The GH2 guitar for the ps2 was just right. The responsiveness of the subsequent ones didn't seem as good.

The GH2 guitar for the ps2 was just right. The responsiveness of the subsequent ones didn't seem as good.

I thought the Les Paul version from Guitar Hero III was one of the good ones as well as the GH2 one.

The worst in my opinion was the Gibson Explorer from the Xbox 360 version of GH2.

I used to have GH for the Xbox before I switched to PS3, had a lot of fun with it and always wanted to try the drums out for either that or rock band but to ever got round to it. Certain songs make me go straight back there when I hear them though - barracuda is one for sure

I thought the Les Paul version from Guitar Hero III was one of the good ones as well as the GH2 one.

The worst in my opinion was the Gibson Explorer from the Xbox 360 version of GH2.

My GH guitar is the X-Plorer and I'd tend to agree with you having used others. The straight edges mean it doesn't feel as comfortable to play with.

The song I always associate with GH is Pat Benetar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot. Tuuuuune!

My GH guitar is the X-Plorer and I'd tend to agree with you having used others. The straight edges mean it doesn't feel as comfortable to play with.

The song I always associate with GH is Pat Benetar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot. Tuuuuune!

Thats the one Langers & I associate with the game is "I want to rock and roll all night" by Kiss.

Thats the one Langers & I associate with the game is "I want to rock and roll all night" by Kiss.

Yep, another classic. And of course that game has Through the Fire and Flames at the end. Ridiculous song.

Yep, another classic. And of course that game has Through the Fire and Flames at the end. Ridiculous song.

How could we not forget "Freebird" from Guitar Hero 2 and "schools out" on III

I never played on the first 2. Freebird is an amazing song though.

Completing Free Bird on expert was one of the greatest moments of my life - including my wedding day and birth of my daughter!

Completing Free Bird on expert was one of the greatest moments of my life - including my wedding day and birth of my daughter!

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I got to the 8 minute mark and bottled it, if my memory serves me right.

Yeah right. Barely scraped through. It was all about timing the use of your star power and hitting enough notes to the power meter going.

It's still something to be proud of.

I thought Guitar Hero 3 was the hardest version of the game.

Yeah, I didn't really like it. Wasn't a fan of having to defeat bosses etc.
Some good tunes on it though, Weezer and Rage spring to mind.

AC IV Black Flag for £6.66 from the Humble Store. Another one added to the ridiculously long list of games I'll maybe get round to playing someday.

Yeah, I didn't really like it. Wasn't a fan of having to defeat bosses etc.
Some good tunes on it though, Weezer and Rage spring to mind.

Oh hell yeah, do you have Rocksmith Machin?

I had it but don't have the time for that kind of game now to be honest.

Back