• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Old style. One of these bad boys:

6279139_300x300_1.jpg

Got my first one not long after it came out and never got a bigger hard drive for it (20GB was the biggest you could get at the time!!)

Shame. I have a Hard Drive but not suitable for your machine.

Ah - did you have the slim?

I think I can get a 120GB or a 250GB for relatively cheaply on eBay - just read that Destiny needs 20GB free HDD space to run!! So I'd have no chance with my remaining 1GB. Stoopid Microsoft.

The hard drive sits inside rather than connects to the outside, like it does on the older models. I got it last year so i could install GTA5 but the xbox is now sitting around doing nowt as I have the One, and with GTA5 due out on that soon I haven't done anything with the other one. It will be sold at some point when I can be arsed.

Destiny getting very good write ups so far, but a lot of websites not releasing a final review until they've been playing for a few days/a week such is the scale of the game.

Looks absolutely tremendous and I really hope I'm able to get it, probably at some point next year. Having pretty much zero disposable income sucks. :(

Got my copy waiting for me at home. Looking forward to it. Watched a few twitch streams yesterday.

Got mine on the Xbox one. From what I've seen it looks great. I did play the beta and had great fun.

The best description is a cross between halo and borderlands.

Never played Borderlands but I love Halo. I heard it was something in the middle of Mass Effect, Call of Duty, Halo and Borderlands.

In short I really haven't a clue what to make of it!!

I like the look of Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor. They've basically nicked the Assassins Creed engine and stuck it in a LOTR game. Which is fine by me.

Never played Borderlands but I love Halo. I heard it was something in the middle of Mass Effect, Call of Duty, Halo and Borderlands.

In short I really haven't a clue what to make of it!!

Try watching some streams on twitch. You'll get a feeling of what it's like. I watch loads of streams on twitch these days.

I like the look of Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor. They've basically nicked the Assassins Creed engine and stuck it in a LOTR game. Which is fine by me.

I'll look at this later. Has there ever been a decent LOTR game, with the exception of the Lego games? I had Return of the King for the Gamecube which was a laugh but ridiculously short. Otherwise they tend to suck.

Try watching some streams on twitch. You'll get a feeling of what it's like. I watch loads of streams on twitch these days.

Pardon my ignorance but what is Twitch?

Never got that myself, watching someone else play a game doesn't do much for me

Don't watch it then :icon_wink:

It's only like watching someone else play football.

I get more annoyed with game 'trailers' which 99% of the time don't actually show you any gameplay, just cut scenes (GTA V springs to mind here).

I find it interesting to see actual gameplay footage, though the intensely annoying narration over the top of it by some utter moron can be a bit offputting.

The worst thing about the Destiny footage I've seen (saw a lot last night) is that I don't have £350+ to splurge on it when I REALLY want it!!!!!!

The game costs £350?!

With an Xbox One, yes. Or I could spend about £50+ on a new hard drive and leads to transfer game data over from my 360 as it takes so much capacity to run it. I might as well wait a few more months and see if I can save a bit and get the new console.

I think i'd rather save myself the £300 to be honest, is there really that much difference with the next gen consoles? Haven't really looked into either of PS4 or Xbox One with any enthusiasm.

Back