• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I think i'd rather save myself the £300 to be honest, is there really that much difference with the next gen consoles? Haven't really looked into either of PS4 or Xbox One with any enthusiasm.

Not yet, I'd say it's what will start to happen over the next 12-18 months or so. Which is the timeframe I'm looking at. I love my games and there are a few out now which I really do like the look of. By the time I can afford one I'm hoping the price might have creeped down a little bit.

My 360 is bloody old, I don't think it's worth spending money on hardware for it anymore.

Don't watch it then :icon_wink:

It's only like watching someone else play football.

I don't! I know there's technically no difference but I just don't like it other than briefly seeing what the game is like. Thing is I generally know whether I'm getting a game or not so no point spoiling it or watching something I'll never play.

I'm still planning on getting a ps4 to coincide with uncharted 4

next gen consoles

They're not even 'next gen'. The graphics capabilities are miles behind what PCs can do, the hardware was effectively two years old when the Xbone and PS4 hit the shelves.

GTA 5 - PC Release soon....

“Grand Theft Auto V will take full advantage of the power of the PC with across-the-board graphical and technical improvements to deliver a stunning new level of detail. Increased draw distances, finer texture details, denser traffic, and enhanced resolutions all work together to bring new life to the cities, towns, deserts and oceans of Rockstar North’s epic reimagining of Southern California.”

All new content and gameplay created since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online, including an extensive array of new Jobs, an arsenal of new weapons, scores of new vehicles, new properties and player customizations will also be available for the PC with much more to come. In addition, the current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC.”

Now I've got a month to complete Saints Row The Third and Sleeping Dogs.......................

I know it's extremely sad and a complete waste of money but IF I get an Xbox One next year, I'd be sorely tempted to get GTA V again and play it through again. It was SUCH a fun game. In my top 10 of all time easily.

I know it's extremely sad and a complete waste of money but IF I get an Xbox One next year, I'd be sorely tempted to get GTA V again and play it through again. It was SUCH a fun game. In my top 10 of all time easily.

Get a PC Langers and as soon as there are 1000's of mods released (like within 6 months) you can play GTA forever!! A bit like Skyrim really.

The extra money you spend on the PC will be saved by never having to buy £60 Xbox games again - because you won't need to!

GTA 5 - PC Release soon....

“Grand Theft Auto V will take full advantage of the power of the PC with across-the-board graphical and technical improvements to deliver a stunning new level of detail. Increased draw distances, finer texture details, denser traffic, and enhanced resolutions all work together to bring new life to the cities, towns, deserts and oceans of Rockstar North’s epic reimagining of Southern California.”

All new content and gameplay created since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online, including an extensive array of new Jobs, an arsenal of new weapons, scores of new vehicles, new properties and player customizations will also be available for the PC with much more to come. In addition, the current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC.”

Now I've got a month to complete Saints Row The Third and Sleeping Dogs.......................

18th November - Xbox One and PS
27th January - PC

Skyrim £2.49 on Steam this weekend.....

Is there a better Value For Money deal in the whole universe???????

It seems like GTA V will be a really good port of the game however I have my doubts on how much is going to be changed on it to make it worth the £55 that game will ask for it.

It seems like GTA V will be a really good port of the game however I have my doubts on how much is going to be changed on it to make it worth the £55 that game will ask for it.

Very little new content from what I've read. I'd still buy it though. (If I had a Xbox One/PS4 and enough money for a game I'd already played and completed).

Currently rediscovering Guitar Hero. My friend is having a GH party on Saturday night. The challenge has been set.

Very little new content from what I've read. I'd still buy it though. (If I had a Xbox One/PS4 and enough money for a game I'd already played and completed).

Currently rediscovering Guitar Hero. My friend is having a GH party on Saturday night. The challenge has been set.

I'm probably going to get it but I've got a few games I need to finish before I even think about getting GTA V again.

Guitar Hero parties are the best, it's just one of those things that is good to do after a few pints. Rumours are flying about that Guitar Hero will make an appearance on the Ps4 and Xbox one. which would be pretty cool.

I'm not sure if they need to bring them out on the next gen machines. They're fine at what they do and there isn't really anywhere else for them to go, besides releasing more tracks. I've got:

Beatles Rock Band
GH III
GH World Tour
GH Warriors of Rock

None of those games cost over a fiver. Bargainous really.

Even with the full band set up it isn't going to cost you more than £25

Destiny arrived in the post yesterday. Looking forward to trying it out.

Also put my pre-order in for Far Cry 4 and Witcher 3 (which looks like it will be incredible)

I have the full Rock Band drumset with added cymbals and even sound deadening pads for the main toms.

Text just received from the GF:

"Found GH drumkit in the loft. Found beer in the fridge. Bought new GH guitar from CEX at the weekend. We need GH practise tonight before the main event on Saturday. Challenge set."

AWESOMENESS.

Can I come!?
Guitar Hero 2 was my life for a good 6 months solid.

Guitar Hero World Tour for me Machin :D

I annoyed my parents with the drums so much they brought me the silencers.

Back